• Show
Clear All

B reak
    O ut
    A nother
    T housand

Comment

Might as well add to the post count...
      Been there done that, did mine while I was pulling someone on a tube making a sharp turn. Knew there was issue when RPM's stay up but we slowed down and tube passed me.

Comment

Never a fun feeling when it happens but a spun hub is a cheap/easy fix (in the boating world.) Just bring the prop to a prop shop and ask them to show you how to replace it if you can't find instructions online. Usually just punch out the old one then slide the new one in. I try to keep a spare prop and hub in the boat just in case.

Comment

Unless it's a universal hub the repair is not a do-it-yourself job.

Comment

B&B Props in North Richland Hills, TX. I boxed mine up, sent it to them, and had it re-worked a few years back. They are super easy to deal with.

Comment

I would also suggest possibly finding a friend, neighbor, long lost relative, etc. that has a prop that is known to be good, and try it out just to confirm that's your problem before you run down the wrong path.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                B reak
                O ut
                A nother
                T housand

Beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                  I would also suggest possibly finding a friend, neighbor, long lost relative, etc. that has a prop that is known to be good, and try it out just to confirm that's your problem before you run down the wrong path.
                  What else could be the issue.

Comment

I blew one out a lil ways offshore it took forever to get back in at 5mph I now carry a spare prop.

Comment

Try McGill Propellers in Lewisville they are honest and fair to deal with. They can replace the hub for you pretty reasonably.

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
                        Looks like l’m now a member of the spun prop club. Thanks for the help as always. Hopefully I can replace just the hub without replacing the whole prop. It’s a rebuilt 225hp OX66, so far I can’t find one online, may have to call around tomorrow.
                        its not that bad, I called my localy yammy dealer about getting one pressed in....they said it was going to be $225 and they have to ship it off...the next week i went IN the to yammy dealer and they gave me the number of the guy in town that could do it. $100 fix. He also reconditions stainless props. If you need a guy in SA, this guy does great work https://www.riverhawk-marine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                          I blew one out a lil ways offshore it took forever to get back in at 5mph I now carry a spare prop.
                          Same here, carry a spare props and pins , nuts
                          50-60 miles is a long stretch on one motor or in idol

Comment

lucky for you it is a cheap fix.

call James Propeller in Dallas (off I-35). they will fix it. hopefully they are not too backed up.

Comment

I'm a long ways from you but I have a 19p 3 blade in my garage you are welcome to try. I had it on my ox66 225. I no longer have the boat

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                                Try McGill Propellers in Lewisville they are honest and fair to deal with. They can replace the hub for you pretty reasonably.
                                That’s who I took it too today. Once he popped the end washer off you could see the hub had melted. Only $65 to re-press in a new hub, it’s not the universal type hub that you can do yourself. While it was there I'm having them recondition the prop $150. Takes them 15min to press in a hub and 2 days to recondition the prop. I’m just adding this info if people want to know cost and lead time.

Comment

Working...
                                X