Ants in my tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ants in my tractor

Went to my place in Oklahoma this weekend to brush hog and my tractor was covered in ants. The seat had a ton inside it. I sprayed them with some wasp spray so I could at least use the seat. They covered the hood and dash area the entire time. Not sure how, but I didn't get bit. Was able to complete all of my mowing.

What's the best way to get rid of them?

I would cover it in plastic and let off those inside foggers. That will kill just about any insect.

Comment

fire.... I use Demon WP and spray all around base of tractor basically anything I don't touch. This kill everything including scorpions for a season. This will kill them when they try to leave or anything new that tries to come in. I use it religiously around the house as well.

Comment

Load up some permethrin in a sprayer and get after it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bifen IT will kill and prevent them for a few months

Comment

No help here. But those suckers love to get into electrical connections in relays, fuse blocks, connectors and cause contact issues. Should you have some funky (not knowing age of tractor) electrical issues have some contact cleaner and dielectric grease with you on future trips for wire connections.

Comment

Working...
            X