Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Pork Rib Question

Please fill in the blanks.

Smoke at 225 until internal temperature reaches _______.

Wrap in butcher paper. Place back in smoker until internal temperature reaches _______.

Pull and let rest for ______ mins.

Thanks

Cook until done and passes the bend test. No wrapping

Comment

Man I cook a lot of ribs and I go more by feel and look than a internal temp, I also prefer foil on ribs than butcher paper. Sorry I am no help with your questions. For a quick easy tutorial go on youtube and look for how to bbq right.

Comment

Sounds more like a brisket question. 3-2-1 for ribs or more often than not, just 250 till done (bend test), because I'm lazy.

Comment

You’ll get 6,439 different answers

Comment

Look up Aaron Franklin rib videos on youtube. All you need to know. Having said that, he goes into a lot of trimming specifics that aren't really necessary. Just watch to get the gist on seasoning, temp, and time.

Comment

I bbq’d pork ribs the last 2 weekends and they turned out great. I did an hour at 225, then wrapped in foil for another hour, then unwrap and baste and let that crisp/set up for 20-30 mins. Then remove/rest

Comment

Does anyone wrap with apple cider vinegar or BBQ sauce?

Comment

Dry rub and place them in smoker for 6 hours at 225
                  That’s it

Comment

225-250 Until internal above 145. Wrap in foil till internal is just over 150. Pull them out still wrapped and let rest at room temp for 30-45minutes or until you can't wait longer.

The night before I rub in various seasonings and mustard. Let them soak in Apple juice over night. Right before I wrap in foil I will add BBQ sauce. The pan that I soaked in the night before goes under the ribs in the smoker with the Apple Juice still in the pan. I haven't had any complaints and my customers always return for a free meal. Lol

Comment

Are you wanting them to fall off the bone (like they should) or bite into?

Comment

Forget "rules". Its a feeling. Cook about 300 for a little while, if you wanna wrap or sauce, do it let temp come down to 250. Pull off when done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do 4-2 at 250. Don’t check IT and don’t rest. I want fall off the bone, I’m not entering a contest, I’m eating them.

Comment

Comment

Yea i'm a 3-2-1 guy. I don't check temp on ribs. Just 250 for three hours unwrapped, then two hours wrapped, then one hour rest. They've been delicious every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X