Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "can't seal the deal" critter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your "can't seal the deal" critter?

What animal/fish/bird have you made multiple attempts at killing/catching/photographing and for whatever reason you just can't seem to get it done?

Mine is the coyote.

I can trap them but I have yet to ever shoot one and recover it. 2 or 3 with the bow, several with a gun and have yet to stand over one and say for sure I killed one.

Shot my second one this year yesterday and could not find it. Quite a bit of blood but no body

Mountain Goat with a bow. I have my third mountain goat hunt scheduled for 2021. First trip shot a goat with a rifle on the last hour of the last day. Second trip I vowed bow only and went home empty handed.

Comment

Sika deer with a bow for me. I missed one a couple of years ago. The following year, I had another opportunity, and this time, I didn't miss. I thought I smoked him. Shot looked perfect. Followed tiny specs of blood for approx. 250 yards, and then the trail went cold. Spent about 8 hours looking for that deer over a 2 day period.

Comment

Pigs. I keep shooting them but they run off and I can never find them

Comment

Really large spec...have hooked numerous all on top water but always seem to throw the hook right before landing. Maddening.

Comment

Elk. Done 3 hunts and still elkless.

Comment

May seem small and meaningless to many of you but I have yet to kill a bobcat. I have arrowed one from a tree stand but never recovered it. Maybe it's my style of hunting which is a lot of spot and stalk, but have yet to trap or shoot one.

Comment

Eland. Dang honey badger spooked one before I could shoot!

Comment

400" Elk and 200" muley's with my bow, I got within single digits on both but I could never reach that goal

Comment

My only one right now is a turkey with the bow. I usually spend all the time I have just to get one with the shotgun. Came close one time, but never even got to draw back when I called one in at 15 yds. Squatted behind a bush, and when he came in to the side of me and cleared the bush, he took off. One of the times I didn't have a decoy out to help divert the attention.

Comment

Bobcat. Shot at, and drawn blood on many. But never recovered. They always seem to elude me somehow. Oh and an 150+ deer. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

30" trout.

Comment

Ring tail. Had 3 opportunities just never quite panned out right to get one in the truck.

Elk been 3 times haven't had an opportunity to shoot one yet but just getting started on that front.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                            30" trout.
                            X2... this is mine as well

Comment

Bobcat

Comment

Working...
                              X