No announcement yet.

Savage Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the hell ya been for the last week.?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

my dad got one in .308 and had to send it back in to Savage and get a new barrel put on it because his bullets would not group within 4 inches of each other (with a trained gunsmith and competitive shooter behind the trigger)

Comment

I think it's a great deal .. Got an Axis in 223 Rem last Sunday. Purchased a 1-piece weaver base and waiting on a $ 15 trigger kit (Playa above pointed me to this and purchase is on eBay) to make the trigger pull @ 3.5 pounds.

Debating on weather to cut-down the barrel or leave it at 22" ... Gunsmith prices are Crazy ...

Comment

They are good....

Comment

Bought one in .243 to haul around in the buggy, very pleased.

Comment

**** the wife just walked in and said....what are you looking at?....I said a gun sale. She asked about the sale. Now mind you I had just told her a month ago that the $450 for my tracking dog for the deer in my avatar would be my big Christmas gift this year and I didn't want anything else..

So.....then she says get whichever of the two for Christmas from me.... I said I got my Christmas hanging in an Angelo taxidermy shop. She said well that was your Christmas to yourself. I need something from me..... oooooor.... I can buy you some clothes, socks and underwear.....your choice...... I love that woman..

Now I need to decide Savage or TC Compass..... I posted this earlier in the year so I need to make a decision.

Comment

I really like my Axis in .270. You guys have me seriously considering picking up a .308. The .270 is deadly. I’d like to see what it was capable of doing with someone who can really shoot sitting behind it. I learned that I’m okay not spending a fortune on a gun because Savage builds some great budget guns. Put some good glass on top of one and you are ready to go, in my opinion.

Comment

How's the factory scope on these? Should I upgrade to a better scope and put this one on a .22? I don't have to drive tacks, (I have a hammer for that) just be able to hit a 4" kill zone consistently.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Found a write up where a guy bought a 308 Axis changed the barrel and stock and pinging steel at 1160 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by fowlwaters View Post
                      Found a write up where a guy bought a 308 Axis changed the barrel and stock and pinging steel at 1160 yards.
                      Soooo... he’s basically NOT shooting a Savage Axis ?

Comment

Well just ordered a 6.5 and a 7mm-08. Guess I'll be letting ya'll know how they shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Soooo... he’s basically NOT shooting a Savage Axis ?
                          its a Axis action custom build.

Comment

I saw this a while back (around thanksgiving) and called Savage to confirm that the "Axis XP" would be eligible for the rebate. They told me "no". The rebate lists any "axis, trophy hunter XP, or trophy predator hunter XP. The .243 I was interested in at Cabelas and academy was the "axis xp" and not eligible. They even looked it up by the model # and sku. Maybe the rep at Savage told me wrong as I saw somebody said their check "was on the way."

Just passing along my experience.

Comment

I own three or four Savage Axis guns. No issues with them at all.

Comment

Minute of deer for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X