Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Costa Del Mar Warranty Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
    Go here. https://customersupport.luxottica.co...stadelmar.html

You will have to create an account. It will ask you for proof of purchase - that is not needed for sunglasses so you can skip it. Upload pictures of the damage and submit the claim then just wait and see what they say. Really easy.
    I just filled out this claim on a pair i broke 2-3 yrs ago.. They are discontinued but are sending out another new replacement pair for free. Thanks for the tip

Comment

I put in a claim last night for my Blackfin frames coming apart. We will see how it goes. Website says they have 5 business days to respond. I also broke my 580G lenses last year but just replaced with some knock off plastic polarized from Amazon.

Comment

thanks for the help Men. I submitted my claim on the Harpoons that now have broken frames. Hoping to receive a response back soon.
        Again, much appreciated.

Comment

Had a similar experience to KyleW. Thanks for sharing the link to the chat, that was not easy to find. I was able to chat from my desktop for those that are wondering. I was not happy with the 4 or 5 choices they presented me with but chose one anyway and sent my damaged pair in yesterday. The chat box took about 30 mins to load as I was 12th in line but it went quickly once I got someone on it. I had pulled up the Costa site and picked out which frames and lenses I wanted beforehand. Be prepared to pick several backup pairs...my first two choices were on backorder. I have submitted about 6 warranty claims to Costa over the years and have had yet to ever pay for more than the S&H fee they used to have. The process is a bit different now but I am still happy with their service.

Here is the link to the chat for those that are having a hard time finding it...

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
            Had a similar experience to KyleW. Thanks for sharing the link to the chat, that was not easy to find. I was able to chat from my desktop for those that are wondering. I was not happy with the 4 or 5 choices they presented me with but chose one anyway and sent my damaged pair in yesterday. The chat box took about 30 mins to load as I was 12th in line but it went quickly once I got someone on it. I had pulled up the Costa site and picked out which frames and lenses I wanted beforehand. Be prepared to pick several backup pairs...my first two choices were on backorder. I have submitted about 6 warranty claims to Costa over the years and have had yet to ever pay for more than the S&H fee they used to have. The process is a bit different now but I am still happy with their service.

Here is the link to the chat for those that are having a hard time finding it...

https://www.luxotticacustomercare.com/aftersalesctc
            Yup, I don't believe the chat is listed anywhere online. When I called it gave an option to have a chat link texted to me. I figure since less people have the chat link, you should get helped quicker than over the phone.

Comment

tagged

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sethmac View Post
                I have a pair of 580G Brines that are being replaced under warranty. Costa isn't going to fix them but replace them due to not having the same pair in stock.

The only problem is they are offering a pair of 580P and I prefer glass. When Costa replaces the glasses, do I have to send in the old pair? I would like to get the frames with the 580P and pop the glass lens back in (the warranty is for the frame).
                What was the outcome of your warranty replacement? I did the same as you, I went through the warranty repair request. I sent in pictures and they are now telling me that my glasses fall under warranty replacement. However, they do not have the green mirror glass lenses in stock. So they are offering me a few other options.

I don't want what they are offering me. But they have given me TWO DAYS TO ACCEPT THEIR OFFER.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                  What was the outcome of your warranty replacement? I did the same as you, I went through the warranty repair request. I sent in pictures and they are now telling me that my glasses fall under warranty replacement. However, they do not have the green mirror glass lenses in stock. So they are offering me a few other options.

I don't want what they are offering me. But they have given me TWO DAYS TO ACCEPT THEIR OFFER.
                  Go onto a chat with their support or call them and you can change your options to practically anything that they have in stock. You are not limited to what comes up on the warranty page.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                    Go onto a chat with their support or call them and you can change your options to practically anything that they have in stock. You are not limited to what comes up on the warranty page.
                    I'll try that out. I sent them an email with really nice words like "best on the market" and "best fit for my passion of inshore fishing". :-)

We shall see how far kindness gets me.

Honestly I've been wearing the Brine sunglasses for so long I think any other frame would just feel awkward on my face. But I'll see what they can offer.

Comment

Comment

I recently moved on from Costa. Tired of frames falling apart and having to deal with their not so stellar customer service. I am now a Smith optics customer. Recently had to give the warranty/customer service a try. My wife dropped my glasses and broke a glass lens. I figured I would have to pay something for the new lens but no, they replaced my glasses with a brand new pair, had me send pics of the totally destroyed pair. They had me scratch up the other lens and break the arms off but nonetheless, they sent me a voucher for the price of a new pair of any choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          I recently moved on from Costa. Tired of frames falling apart and having to deal with their not so stellar customer service. I am now a Smith optics customer. Recently had to give the warranty/customer service a try. My wife dropped my glasses and broke a glass lens. I figured I would have to pay something for the new lens but no, they replaced my glasses with a brand new pair, had me send pics of the totally destroyed pair. They had me scratch up the other lens and break the arms off but nonetheless, they sent me a voucher for the price of a new pair of any choice.
                          I've been hearing a lot about Costa Del Mar warranty going in the wrong direction. I'll make this pair last as long as I can.

Comment

I've been hearing a lot about Costa Del Mar warranty going in the wrong direction. I'll make this pair last as long as I can.
                            The people who gripe about the warranty now, are the ones who abused it for years and the reason it's different now.

Comment

For what it's worth, I had excellent service from them after the buy out.

I had an old pair of Straits that the plastic lens broke on. I took pics and they deemed it to be a warranty issue. They did the same as you mentioned and offered some I didn't like but when I asked they said let us know what you want and if it's in stock, we will do it. So I went and found "Mag Bay" frames. I asked them if I could pay to upgrade them to blue mirror glass lenses. They then replied saying the upgrade was free, no problem at all and asked if I preferred gray or black frames.

Next pair I sent in was Fantails. Those the rubber came off on (3rd time that happened to me). They also upgraded those to 580g lenses, free of charge.

The issue is they do not repair glasses anymore. They are supposedly going to start repairing again, but I imagine that covid didn't help getting that set up. Their inventory at the warranty department is completely separate from the inventory online, so you will have to work with them on what color frames and lenses are available to the warranty department when you call/chat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                The people who gripe about the warranty now, are the ones who abused it for years and the reason it's different now.
                                Agreed completely. Oh, I just dropped my glass lensed sunglasses and they cracked? Warranty time!!

Manufacturer defects are the only thing that has ever been covered under warranty. The little bonuses of getting them repaired or replaced for free from misuse was just good customer service and should not have been viewed as a guarantee.

Comment

Working...
                                X