Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "can't seal the deal" critter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy Tom Turkey with bow, Have killed several hens and a jake. I have shot a few toms but never been able to recover for some reason. Now I don't really have a good turkey spot last few yrs so no real opportunities anymore. I'll get it done one of these days.

Comment

pronghorn tag soup 4 times, public, private, DIY & outfitted.

makes no sense to me.

Comment

Mine is a 30" plus speckled trout. I have probably caught 40 or more between 27" and 29".
        I have witnessed over 20 fish landed over 30", but never done it myself.

Comment

First in line of critters that have been my nemesis have been elk. I've hunted them 3 times in the Gila. Twice with muzzle loader and once with archery gear. I came close, just not close enough to seal the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
            This would have been mine until a few years ago and finally got 1. Took the taxidermist 5 years to mount it, but I have it now. Keep trying.
            Thank you! Yes, mine will be going to the taxidermist (if I ever kill one)!

Comment

An east texas whitetail buck. I shot a decent buck last season, only to not recover. That has been the only shot opportunity I've ever had on a mature etx buck with a bow. Buck in reference was 5 and around 120". It's a running joke that I am cursed. I've been bow hunting since I was 16, I'm 34 now and have hunted etx that entire time. To take it a step further, I've never killed a 120" etx buck with gun or rifle.

Comment

Mine has been a mature buck with a bow in east texas. I've shot them with a rifle but cant seal the deal with a bow. My best so far with a bow was a 4.5 year old two season ago that scored 110.

Comment

It was a moose forever but finally got it done. Now it seems to be a daggum Impala.....6 trips all strikeouts!

Comment

Yukon Moose w Archery. Been twice & Nada. Headed to NW Territories this Sept if this **** cv doesn't keep me from going.
                    Also a 400" Elk & big Muley

Comment

Baboons in Africa and a 140" 8 point

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

With a bow, evidently it is the javelina. I stuck two in what I considered a good place on the Cinco Ranch and the S Texas brush swallowed them both up. That’s the only animal I’ve hunted that I haven’t recovered. Pass throughs on both with Wasp Hammer broadheads, which have killed lots of deer and some hogs for me.

Comment

Gemsbok. Been to Africa 3 times. Ain't got one yet.

Comment

150+ whitetail
                            30” trout

People talk about 30” trout like they are a dime a dozen, but most people don’t realize just how rare that really are. Especially being caught on artificial lures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Woodduck is mine.

Comment

30" 10+pound trout. I have come to the 30" mark but she was skinny.. Looked like a ribbon fish.

I want a big fat momma. On topwater... But I will take it any way I can get it..

Comment

Working...
                                X