No announcement yet.

S.h.n.f. 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning was cold, and saw surprisingly little activity despite the rain yesterday and the cold air. Figured they'd be moving around some. Only found red oak acorns under water oaks, but found an area where they've been eating beechnuts. Had a run in with a snake, so I atleast ended with some adrenaline

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
      This morning was cold, and saw surprisingly little activity despite the rain yesterday and the cold air. Figured they'd be moving around some. Only found red oak acorns under water oaks, but found an area where they've been eating beechnuts. Had a run in with a snake, so I atleast ended with some adrenaline

Moccasin? That’s about all I’ve ever run into out there, tho I’m sure it’s full of copperheads.

Making my first outing of the season this morning. Feels good to get out!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
        Moccasin? That’s about all I’ve ever run into out there, tho I’m sure it’s full of copperheads.

Making my first outing of the season this morning. Feels good to get out!
        Looked more like a copperhead or rattler, but I was jumping back fairly quick and then he was gone lol

Comment

Hey guys - question from a novice - This may be a stupid question but what are some of the ways you can tell if a tree is diseased or prone to falling. I like to climb pine since they're fairly straight and my climbing stand bites into them well, but don't really like how they seem "flimsy" relative to oak.

I was in my climber today on a pine - late afternoon I heard a loud "snap" and saw a large healthy looking pine crash to the ground - scared the heck out of me. I was thinking for climbing down and climb on an oak that was near by but it's bark had what looked like green moss growing on it - didn't know if that was a diseased tree or not.

Thanks in advance for info!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
            Looked more like a copperhead or rattler, but I was jumping back fairly quick and then he was gone lol

Must not have been a moccasin, everybody knows they will chase you for a mile to try to bite you

Comment

Went out Sunday morning. couldn’t find anything to shoot at but found a few fish.

Comment

Funny story from youth weekend

So a couple weeks back I was hunting during a mid day sit in my tree stand, had to take leak extremely bad so I decided pee in a scent blocker bottle that was almost empty. When I got back to my truck I set it in the bed because I was gonna chunk it in the trash or burn pile at camp. Well I ended up forgetting about it. Fast forward to last weekend. I took my 13 year old brother in law hunting for youth weekend. We pull up to our parking spot and while I’m fooling around in the back seat getting the gun out of the case I hear him jump up in the truck bed, didn’t think anything about it till about 30 seconds later, I close the door and see him standing there completely dousing himself with my scent blocker **** bottle! I yelled for him to stop and he looked at me like I was crazy. I told him I had ****** in that bottle and I couldn’t help it but I just started dying laughing. He had completely sprayed his whole body. Inside of his hat and all! He didn’t believe me at first until he smelled himself. He was grossed out but laughed about it. Oh the memories

Comment

HAHA! man that's hilarious

Comment

Feels nice out this morning. I have today and tomorrow morning to make something happen before I gotta hit the classwork again. After that I probably won't be out for another 2 or 3 weeks (yay grad school [emoji53])

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck Robert, Let the air out of one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                        So a couple weeks back I was hunting during a mid day sit in my tree stand, had to take leak extremely bad so I decided pee in a scent blocker bottle that was almost empty. When I got back to my truck I set it in the bed because I was gonna chunk it in the trash or burn pile at camp. Well I ended up forgetting about it. Fast forward to last weekend. I took my 13 year old brother in law hunting for youth weekend. We pull up to our parking spot and while I’m fooling around in the back seat getting the gun out of the case I hear him jump up in the truck bed, didn’t think anything about it till about 30 seconds later, I close the door and see him standing there completely dousing himself with my scent blocker **** bottle! I yelled for him to stop and he looked at me like I was crazy. I told him I had ****** in that bottle and I couldn’t help it but I just started dying laughing. He had completely sprayed his whole body. Inside of his hat and all! He didn’t believe me at first until he smelled himself. He was grossed out but laughed about it. Oh the memories
                        LOL not that's some funny stuff right there

Comment

It was a nice evening in the woods. Had 4 doe show up at sunset, their boyfriends never showed up before shooting light. Shame I had no doe permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                            Good Luck Robert, Let the air out of one of them!
                            I nearly did. Had a solid buck come by and work a scrape at 25 yards. Only problem is he wasn't supposed to be behind me and on the other side of a buncha saplings and beauty berry bushes. It was cool to see him though, I'm hoping to make a trip out in the next week or two and get a shot at something.

Comment

Hunted the Angelina this weekend, wasnt liking the idea of the Sam on gun opener.

My run 'n gun setup worked out pretty dang well!

Gonna let the crowds die down a little and put it to work hopefully at least filling my antlerless tag at the Sam!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                                Hunted the Angelina this weekend, wasnt liking the idea of the Sam on gun opener.

My run 'n gun setup worked out pretty dang well!

Gonna let the crowds die down a little and put it to work hopefully at least filling my antlerless tag at the Sam!
                                That's a neat setup, I've thought about throwing a can on my TC.

Comment

Working...
                                X