No announcement yet.

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the NFL allowEd players to protest while in uniform...during a game. I was done.
    Show your azz on your own time. Not while your doing your job!! No NFL, No MLB. Watched it and loved my Cowboys and Rangers for 50 years. No Mas!

Comment

So none of you guys watch anything on any network that shows any professional sports? That is apples to apples

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        So none of you guys watch anything on any network that shows any professional sports? That is apples to apples
        I don't. I cut the cord. If I watch anything on TV its typically youtube channels. Hunting public and deer meat for dinner. Bout it for me. I rather read most nights and since I ain't had electricity in 3 weeks I ain't been watching anything lol.

Comment

What exactly dies not watching accomplish? Do y'all have the Neilson boxes on your TV? No one has a clue what I am watching but me.

I watched parts of the Cowboy game. I didn't hear or see any political stuff. I don't watch as much as I used to but I watch my team.

I will never stop watching college football regardless what they do.

What if you listen on the radio?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            Same with music. I love all genres of music and listen to hip hop regularly when working out. Most of them fools in everyday life are idiots but they got jams. After I workout and cooling off, I take it down a notch to my classic country playlist. lol Now I'm sitting in my office and Born In The Usa just came on Alexa. **** good tune but Bruce is a pos but let em slide because again, I like good music.

Then we got shopping...Amazon, HEB, Target etc etc.all known panderers to the left. Now here we are with football which I consider the gateway to the fall/hunting season. I am a huge Alabama fan and will be watching when they take the field.

I'm sitting here thinking if I boycotted everything I disagreed with, I should just go ahead and move into the middle of the Davey Crockett National Forest with my rifle and a lean to shelter. Heck that don't sound half bad.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            So as a couple have mentioned, the difference I see here is that the politics have made their way onto the field. Logos, helmet decals, NBA jersey's etc. That is what has made me lose interest. If my grocery store had big SJW banners in the store I would shop somewhere else. If every time I picked up my phone some SJW banner came up, I'd change carriers. If movies or songs push values I disagree with, I don't listen. Athletes/ Musicians, Actors, have been free to say whatever they want off the field and it hasn't bothered me. I'm 45 and last night was the first time in my life that I was home with nothing to do and I knew the Cowboys were playing and had no interest in even turning it on. When I was a kid my Dad custom ordered a Cowboys silver and blue F250 from the factory. The "official" team colors and everything, and he didn't watch last night either.

Instead I'm watching a lot more high school sports. Last 2 Friday nights no SJW message and no kneeling during the anthem.

Comment

It is kind of like going to Thanksgiving with that one Brother In Law we all despise. I listen to his crap, simply because I love being around my other family members. He doesn't dictate my time spent. I dictate my time spent and create my own happiness in his crappy presence. Doesn't mean I am giving in to his agenda or his rhetoric. I am simply choosing to have a good time in the setting I am dealt. I speak up when needed and do so in a mature fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Nope. Cut directv. when stros decided to Not go to work(which has a trickle down effect on other business) to show support and boycott something completely unrelated to their employer, I terminated my MLB subscription.

It is a choice, I choose not to watch, y'all can choose differently. It's a free country(for now anyways)

Comment

SAINTS were smashing Tom Brady & the Buccaneers with pumped in crowd noise........lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    What exactly dies not watching accomplish? Do y'all have the Neilson boxes on your TV? No one has a clue what I am watching but me.

Incorrect. Number of viewers tuning in is data that has been kept track of for decades - prolly since the beginning of television. Everything from internet sites visited to shows watched to books bought is kept track of.

What they do with that data is above my pay grade. But I guarantee, especially without physical Attendees to the games - TV viewership means something to the NFL’s health.

My theory is that the more viewers the NFL gets - drives the price for advertising when it airs. Less viewers means cheaper advertising which is less money coming in for NFL and the networks that airs it.
                    Last edited by eastxhunter; 09-14-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I understand Direct TV. But Fox , ABC, NBC, and CBS all show professional sports.

Comment

yeah, I don't have those either.

Comment

So it’s ok to patronize businesses that support BLM, etc so long as you don’t see it visibly displayed to you in their store? Out of sight out of mind?

Comment

I watch football because I simply enjoy the game not the entertainment part of it goes in one ear and out the other, people have different beliefs and opinions at the end of the day you are a follower either you are following watching the game or following not watching the game and if you contribute to the posts you are following a trend of activism on your belief at the end of the day we are still talking about the nfl and showing support by talking about them either negative or positive

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                              So it’s ok to patronize businesses that support BLM, etc so long as you don’t see it visibly displayed to you in their store? Out of sight out of mind?
                              guess I missed that post. Which one was it?

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                                Incorrect. Number of viewers tuning in is data that has been kept track of for decades - prolly since the beginning of television. Everything from internet sites visited to shows watched to books bought is kept track of.

What they do with that data is above my pay grade. But I guarantee, especially without physical Attendees to the games - TV viewership means something to the NFL’s health.

My theory is that the more viewers the NFL gets - drives the price for advertising when it airs. Less viewers means cheaper advertising which is less money coming in for NFL and the networks that airs it.
                                Incorrect. Google how Neilson ratings work.

Comment

Working...
                                X