Civil disobedience (masks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabo390 View Post
    So you don’t respect the idea that private business can run that business as they want. Your personal views are righteous and more important than those of the business owner and you will do whatever you want in their business?
    I see you are still trolling. Sometimes people just need to be an example for the sheep. Show them that it is possible to live life as a human. Some folks learn and think for themselves. Others keep on sheepin'

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
      I see you are still trolling. Sometimes people just need to be an example for the sheep. Show them that it is possible to live life as a human. Some folks learn and think for themselves. Others keep on sheepin'
      It wasn’t so long ago that conservatives held private business and market principles as a cornerstone of what makes this country great. For the first time I am seeing conservatives do what most hate in liberals, and that is to force personal beliefs and politics on the private business owner. If a business owner, not an employee, has rules you won’t abide by, shop somewhere else and let the market take care of the consequences.

The title of the topic is civil disobedience and masks. If you are talking civil disobedience against a state mandate for mask wearing I am with you 100%. But people seem to be taking that stance and applying it to the private business owner, and that sir, is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
        Amen!!

Comment

It wasn’t so long ago that conservatives held private business and market principles as a cornerstone of what makes this country great. For the first time I am seeing conservatives do what most hate in liberals, and that is to force personal beliefs and politics on the private business owner. If a business owner, not an employee, has rules you won’t abide by, shop somewhere else and let the market take care of the consequences.

The title of the topic is civil disobedience and masks. If you are talking civil disobedience against a state mandate for mask wearing I am with you 100%. But people seem to be taking that stance and applying it to the private business owner, and that sir, is wrong.
          Listen. The mandate does NOT require you to wear a mask indoors, UNLESS you can’t social distance. I’m not going to argue with some employee about how their management has a lack of reading comprehension. Most businesses put a sign up because of the mandate. A lot of them couldn’t care less if you mask up or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Listen. The mandate does NOT require you to wear a mask indoors, UNLESS you can’t social distance. I’m not going to argue with some employee about how their management has a lack of reading comprehension. Most businesses put a sign up because of the mandate. A lot of them couldn’t care less if you mask up or not.

Yep. I see more and more people not wearing them in more places. People are fed up including the business owners if for nothing other than it’s affecting their revenue and profit.

I’ve not seen anyone say anything to those that choose not to wear a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Ironman, I totally agree with you. If the owner of a business doesn't care if patrons mask up, there isn't a problem. My point, which keeps being avoided, is what about the business owner that does want patrons wearing masks?

I know many Walmart employees don't care about masks, or just want to avoid confrontation. They aren't the owners. The owners, at least for now, have stated they want everyone in their stores wearing masks even if there isn't a state mandate. With a corporate giant like Walmart it is easy to be dismissive, but what about the small business owner that wants all patrons wearing a mask? Not because of the state, but because they as business owners want it. My point is to respect the rules of the owner or go somewhere else. The market deals the consequences.

This whole scenario is a perfect example of how problematic it is for the state to try to mandate behavior of the people. It makes things worse. What if there were no state mandate and you went to a business that had a sign that stated "masks are required in this store." Would you respect what the owner wants or not?

The state mandate seems to have put into question what private business wants. Is the mask sign there because of the state or what the owner wants? Not wearing a mask because of state mandate=patriot exercising civil disobedience, not wearing a mask when a business owner desires it=arrogant, obnoxious, ideologue with no respect for private business.

I do know small business owners, and most of them believe masks are effective and require them in their establishments, mainly in an effort to protect their employees. Are the right? It doesn't matter, it is their business. One owner doesn't think masks are effective but requires them in his establishment. He told me that one of his cashiers is terrified of taking Covid home to her elderly parents. She has to go to work to pay the bills, so the owner requires/enforces masks and she is a little less stressed each day. That alone makes it worth it for him. Is he right? It doesn't matter. It is his business.

If you don't know what the owner wants, ask them. If you don't like the answer, go somewhere else.

Comment

Ironman, I totally agree with you. If the owner of a business doesn't care if patrons mask up, there isn't a problem. My point, which keeps being avoided, is what about the business owner that does want patrons wearing masks?

I know many Walmart employees don't care about masks, or just want to avoid confrontation. They aren't the owners. The owners, at least for now, have stated they want everyone in their stores wearing masks even if there isn't a state mandate. With a corporate giant like Walmart it is easy to be dismissive, but what about the small business owner that wants all patrons wearing a mask? Not because of the state, but because they as business owners want it. My point is to respect the rules of the owner or go somewhere else. The market deals the consequences.

This whole scenario is a perfect example of how problematic it is for the state to try to mandate behavior of the people. It makes things worse. What if there were no state mandate and you went to a business that had a sign that stated "masks are required in this store." Would you respect what the owner wants or not?

The state mandate seems to have put into question what private business wants. Is the mask sign there because of the state or what the owner wants? Not wearing a mask because of state mandate=patriot exercising civil disobedience, not wearing a mask when a business owner desires it=arrogant, obnoxious, ideologue with no respect for private business.

I do know small business owners, and most of them believe masks are effective and require them in their establishments, mainly in an effort to protect their employees. Are the right? It doesn't matter, it is their business. One owner doesn't think masks are effective but requires them in his establishment. He told me that one of his cashiers is terrified of taking Covid home to her elderly parents. She has to go to work to pay the bills, so the owner requires/enforces masks and she is a little less stressed each day. That alone makes it worth it for him. Is he right? It doesn't matter. It is his business.

If you don't know what the owner wants, ask them. If you don't like the answer, go somewhere else.
                I agree the state mandate is bad. I do assume those signs are there on the door because the state mandates it. If the business owner does not want to take my maskless cash at the register, they don't have to take it. I will go somewhere else. Haven't had one refuse to take my money in going on 6 states. Going to try out 3 more states next month.

Comment

I usually see the opposite. Most of the smaller businesses around me are not enforcing it at all.

The bigger businesses (H‑E‑B in particular) is almost nazi like about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I usually see the opposite. Most of the smaller businesses around me are not enforcing it at all.

Weirdo Charles Butt is a big believer in government mandates and contributes heavily to libs. Fark Charles.

Comment

Same as my observations. The small businesses dont give a crap about a mandate.

Comment

They must figure this old man isn’t long for this world anyways because H‑E‑B in Hudson Oaks has never said anything to me when I go in. Or maybe it’s that “get off my lawn” look I give them. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Same as my observations. The small businesses dont give a crap about a mandate.
                          True. I’ve seen quite a few businesses in Weatherford where the employees aren’t engaged in “Virtue Signaling”.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            True. I’ve seen quite a few businesses in Weatherford where the employees aren’t engaged in “Virtue Signaling”.
                            Yep. It's been like that all along here (Abilene). About the only places you see tons of masks are schools and churches, and that's a shame. We went to the fair and rodeo Saturday night. Of the few thousand people there, maybe 5% had masks on. It was almost like normal life. I look forward to when the maskers finally get over it.

Comment

Interesting encounter today. I stopped at a shutdown but recently reopened pizza/sandwich place today to grab a sandwich to go for lunch. As I walk up to the door, I notice there are no signs up regarding masks or socially distancing, etc. I figured they just hadnt gotten around to posting them since they had recently just reopened. I walk up to the counter and the owner says, Im glad to see you arent wearing a mask.......we are so over it. We will not be requiring any masks in our business. She said if she sees a customer wearing a mask at their table, she or her people will wear one when serving them as a courtesy. Maybe the tide is turning.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Interesting encounter today. I stopped at a shutdown but recently reopened pizza/sandwich place today to grab a sandwich to go for lunch. As I walk up to the door, I notice there are no signs up regarding masks or socially distancing, etc. I figured they just hadnt gotten around to posting them since they had recently just reopened. I walk up to the counter and the owner says, Im glad to see you arent wearing a mask.......we are so over it. We will not be requiring any masks in our business. She said if she sees a customer wearing a mask at their table, she or her people will wear one when serving them as a courtesy. Maybe the tide is turning.
                                yep, time for this crap to be done with.

don't wear one anywhere I go; F'em

Comment

Working...
                                X