ASR mount vs direct thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Is there a lock on the dead air mount? Can you mount the suppressor under a hand guard with that mount?
    You can absolutely use the Keymo under a hand guard. They simply twist on and off without a locking collar etc. That said I don’t recommend it. Too much heat stays trapped, and will heat the hand guards considerably.

Comment

Griffin Plan A adds almost no length and hardly any weight and works with multiple different muzzle device options (and tons of muzzle options if you go the plan A XL route)and is black nitride finished.
      They even have some titanium muzzle device options i believe.

I like having a blast baffle before my cans first baffle as well as having muzzle devices on my guns to protect barrel threads and allow me to shoot without a bare muzzle when they don't have a can on them because I don't have a can for every rifle. The taper is reliable and does what its supposed to.

Dead Air should have the Xenomorph taper mount out soon if its not already as well.
      Q has the plan B as well but I wouldn't buy Q products because of KB plus its in raw metal state and the cherry bomb is a garbage muzzle device.

The YHM Kurz kit might also interest you.

Griffin will give you 50% off the Plan A with this promotion and they run sales on all the rest of the stuff on the site regularly around the usual holidays.
      Griffin Armament is an industry leading manufacturer of suppressors, firearms, and parts for discriminating end users
      Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-22-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        No you don't
        I must be losing my mind. You’re right. Idk why I was thinking you had to turn it. Watched the video again and I guess I was thinking of the install.

Either way, I agree. A can under the guard gets hot. Fast.

Comment

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          See above. I was wrong. It’s rare but it happens

Comment

I swapped mine to Area419 mounts and it took about an inch off the overall length

Comment

Thanks for all the info... almost to much Info.

So the way I see it is I have several different mounting options to choose from.

On a second note I might be better off buying a second can lol

Comment

Ive got the hybrid 46 and saker 7.62 and a good number of ASR brakes installed. It works fine. While I've not gotten to use the DA keymount system, I do like that there's no external threads or teeth to get damaged, and no manual lock.

If I could go back, I'd get the keymo adapter for the hybrid and use their muzzle devices.

And according to capital armory, the keymo works with the hybrid 46.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  Ive got the hybrid 46 and saker 7.62 and a good number of ASR brakes installed. It works fine. While I've not gotten to use the DA keymount system, I do like that there's no external threads or teeth to get damaged, and no manual lock.

If I could go back, I'd get the keymo adapter for the hybrid and use their muzzle devices.

And according to capital armory, the keymo works with the hybrid 46.
                  I’m liking the idea of no extra lock ring to fool with. Dang adapters are spendy.

Comment

I’m liking the idea of no extra lock ring to fool with. Dang adapters are spendy.
                    If a suppressor mfg makes it, it's guaranteed to be eye-poppingly expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                      I swapped mine to Area419 mounts and it took about an inch off the overall length
                      I haven’t used Area 419s Mount yet, but everything I have from them is top notch! I do want to give it a try when I have reason to do so.

Comment

Since you’re not already invested in the ASR system, I would look into outfitting it with the dead air keymo parts. I know the omega can swap, not sure on the hybrid. If I ever pull the trigger on a nomad, I will be swapping everything over. My ASR hasn’t given me any problems yet, knock on wood. I just try to make sure the ring is tight.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                          Since you’re not already invested in the ASR system, I would look into outfitting it with the dead air keymo parts. I know the omega can swap, not sure on the hybrid. If I ever pull the trigger on a nomad, I will be swapping everything over. My ASR hasn’t given me any problems yet, knock on wood. I just try to make sure the ring is tight.
                          It can, I believe it uses the "bravo" which seems to be very difficult to find at the moment, but they definitely make one for the Hybrid. I would be switching if it weren't for the cost I already have tied up in brakes and ASR mounts. I have two Hybrids, so I went full retard.

Comment

I use the ASR mount currently. It is solid. But if I had to do it again... dead air keymo mounting system is much more solid, but the amount of rifles and brakes I would have to buy to convert I’m almost better to just buy another can.

I would absolutely recommend the Keymo brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To simplify things it really comes down to if added length and weight are concerns.

If they are not concerns then DA Keymo is the king IMO.
                              If they are concerns look at a Plan A/B/Xenomorph taper system or the YHM Kurz kit.

They were concerns for me so I went with a taper system.
                              You can see how little length is added with the taper system in these pics.
                              Keep in mind there's a brake under there acting as a blast baffle as well.

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-23-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                                To simplify things it really comes down to if added length and weight are concerns.

If they are not concerns then DA Keymo is the king IMO.
                                If they are concerns look at a Plan A/B/Xenomorph taper system or the YHM Kurz kit.

They were concerns for me so I went taper.
                                You can see how little length is added with the taper system in these pics.
                                Keep in mind there's a brake under there acting as a blast baffle as well.

This is the conclusion i've come to in my research. Dead Air Keymo is a great mounting system, but long and heavy. I'm about to make a new silencer purchase and will use the Griffin plan A since I already use Griffin Taper Mounts. Very little length added.

Comment

Working...
                                X