Powderhorn WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powderhorn WMA

Thursday night I got on TBH and saw the post asking if the draw hunt site was down. That jogged my memory that serval hunt categories deadlines were at midnight so I jumped online and entered real quick I figured it would be another year of building preference points.

Much to my surprise when I got home from work I had a notification that I had been selected for the exotic hunt at the Powderhorn WMA.

Would love to hear from anyone who has hunted there before. Feel free to PM me as well

congrats! I went straight to not selected on powderhorn. not even pending 2nd.. good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      congrats! I went straight to not selected on powderhorn. not even pending 2nd.. good luck!!
      You and me both

Congrats Austin, good luck on the hunt

Comment

We didn't get it either, interested to see if anyone posts up... Good luck

Comment

All you need to know is hunt blind #8 if you can. It's a zoo of animals. My daughter was drawn there last year. Seriously i don't think there is a bad blind on the whole place.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SEA PRO 210; 08-17-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

well that sucks for me. Guess Ill try again next year when I have 12 points

Comment

Congrats & Good Luck!

Comment

Didn't get draw and straight to not selected.

Comment

me too! I forgot about the drawing being this quick. And, pending second drawing for S. Llano River. These are a couple that I hope to get drawn for eventually....

Comment

Same for us. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SEA PRO 210 View Post
                      All you need to know is hunt blind #8 if you can. It's a zoo of animals. My daughter was drawn there last year. Seriously i don't think there is a bad blind on the whole place.

Just curious what caliber was your daughter shooting? I think the tpwd site said min .243 for the hunt but the TYHP site says if you want to shoot a Sambar then you have to shoot a min .300 caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You lucky son of a gun!

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                          Just curious what caliber was your daughter shooting? I think the tpwd site said min .243 for the hunt but the TYHP site says if you want to shoot a Sambar then you have to shoot a min .300 caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          She was shooting a .243. Right in the throat. He never took a step. Another girl killed one with a 6.5 CM. My buddies son got his with a 25-06. This was a TPWD hunt. They didn't give us a minimum caliber to hunt with.

Comment

TYHP was before the state owned it so may have been old info.

Comment

Thanks for the info really looking forward to this hunt. Drew with 7 points, as I said really thought I was just booking another point this year. Will do a recap after the hunt in February

Comment

Working...
                              X