Cabo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabo

Planning on going there next year for 25th all inclusive staying at rui most likely. Any tips tricks etc?

Would like to fish at least one day

Mainly just to relaxe etc

Ricj

We have a time share at Diamante' we love it down there.

We fished with Pisces on the Rebecca last year. We targeted Tuna and caught 18 also caught a Marlin.

We had a rental car which was nice cause we went up to LaPas and Todos Santos. Then drove down the coast.

Food in the tourist area is mediocre. If you go a couple blocks away the food gets much better and cheaper. But then again, we don't do all inclusive

Comment

Last time i fished down there I just walked around the port and got prices. Told the captain I wanted the easiest closest fishing trip with the most action. We never lost sight of the port and caught fish all morning. Dorado, yellow tail, a very small marlin, and many more. Saw whales right next to the boat as well. The captains name was Mario, he was great. His boat was nothing special but very comfortable.

Comment

I like RIU. But when I go to Cabo I don’t mind the touristy all inclusive feel.

Comment

Don't do the timeshare presentation, no matter what they offer you. That's my best advice.

Comment

We went on family vacation last summer. We stayed at Cabo Azul in San Jose Del Cabo (15 mins from Cabo San Lucas). We did not do the inclusive deal but the hotel was nice and San Jose is very nice. We enjoyed the shopping and walking around the old square and the restaurants were very good. The local food places are just awesome.
            Check out Flora Farms. It is a Farm to Table spot up on the mountain in San Jose..Very cool place. Had a great dinner and then they showed a drive in style movie on the lawn for the kids.
            Actually met an investment banker from Dallas who moved his whole family down there and they own a few shops. Their kids go to an english school there and it was very interesting to talk to someone who moved down there.
            My son and I did a half day fishing trip on a Panga (smaller boat)... Caught some Dorado, yellow-tail, etc.. Waves we up so after fishing a few hours we did some trolling around the bay. A bad day fishing beats a good day working !!!
            Overall - the trip was great !! Our kids enjoyed it and we will be going back..

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
              We have a time share at Diamante' we love it down there.

We fished with Pisces on the Rebecca last year. We targeted Tuna and caught 18 also caught a Marlin.

We had a rental car which was nice cause we went up to LaPas and Todos Santos. Then drove down the coast.

Food in the tourist area is mediocre. If you go a couple blocks away the food gets much better and cheaper. But then again, we don't do all inclusive
              What month did you go? I've booked the Rebecca here in a few months. Also, what are the options for getting the meat when you catch 18 tuna? They mail it back to the US for you or something?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                What month did you go? I've booked the Rebecca here in a few months. Also, what are the options for getting the meat when you catch 18 tuna? They mail it back to the US for you or something?
                We went in July last year. There is a place at the marina that cleans, vacuum seals, and freezes them. You put the frozen meat and newspapers (for more insulation) in a cooler, duct tap it closed, and check it as baggage. Can't weigh more than 50lbs though. Customs checked it and it was fine.

Comment

We've been twice. I love it down there and would go every year if I had the means.

First time stayed adults only at pueblo bonito and last year we stayed at sandos finstera. I like pueblo better but it was 30 minutes via taxi to town. You can walk to town from sandos. Pueblo prolly had better food and drinks.

last year we fished with redrum and I cant say anything bad about them. We got there the day before a hurricane and redrum was more than accommodating with moving our trip, freezing fish so we could bring it home etc. If you want to bring home fish I suggest using a soft side cooler used as a carry on. On your way back have the guide freeze the fish so you can carry it on. Little coolers down there are $$$$$. And yes, united will let you carry frozen fish on

TIPS:

take plenty cash in small bills for tipping

book your airport transfer to hotel BEFORE you leave here!!! Once you get your bags in cabo make a B-line for your taxi. Walk right passed all the salesmen crap at the airport.

'J&J Habana' for an awesome mojito and cigars. They also have great anejo tequila

'La dolce' for dinner not sure how mexico has the best Italian food Ive ever had

'D' Right' joint by the harbor is good also and has the best and cheapest drinks we found

'the office' for lunch and scenery on the beach

book your transfer before you leave!!!
                  Last edited by Quackerbox; 04-26-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

We're goin next weekend for a few days.

We fish with RedRum and the rest of the time we just relax and enjoy the weather.

We love the atmosphere and eating at Captain Tony's.

For airport transportation, we use Cabo Luxury. A Tahoe/suburban with ice cold beer is $110 each way...can't beat it.

Comment

I have been doing some thinking. One of the things I would like to do most on a vacation like this is learning how to scuba dive. Doesn’t sound like this would be a good place with the undercurrents etc.

Anyone have any advice on where to go for that? I saw that Routan, Honduras has some resorts that do that

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                        I have been doing some thinking. One of the things I would like to do most on a vacation like this is learning how to scuba dive. Doesn’t sound like this would be a good place with the undercurrents etc.

Anyone have any advice on where to go for that? I saw that Routan, Honduras has some resorts that do that

Rick

For scuba I would recommend Cozumel.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post

Rick
                            Central America and the Caribbean has plenty of warm weather spots with calm water. Somewhere like Cozumel or Grand Cayman will have plenty of operators and plenty to look at underwater. We went with Ambergris Divers in Belize and my wife really liked her instructor.

Keep in mind if you do the whole thing there it will use up a lot of your time getting certified. Do as much bookwork and pool requirements as you can before you leave.

Also, if you just want to try it out before getting certified you can do a discover scuba dive. Usually something like 30-40 feet but you can see if it agrees with you before spending all that money.

Comment

Going down soon for 7 days and will be fishing with possibly 2 diff charters Landsend Charter being one of them. We had good success 2 years ago hooking up on 2 sailfish and landing 1 of them

We are staying at Pueblo Bonito Sunset at one of our places. Will be visiting Solomon’s at the marina while there a time or 2 especially if we catch some fish. They will cook it up for ya and it’s all super delish
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	24583306
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6580.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	24583307

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment