Ruger Buy out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger Buy out?

So my dad tells me this afternoon that some rich politician bought out Ruger to shut them down as his way of advocating gun control. Anybody heard anything about this? Sounded a little out there to me, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility for a snow flake with money.

Nothing in the news or googler about it....

Comment

That sounds like someone who hates their money.

Never say never, but no one with enough money to do something like this is that dumb IMO.

Comment

Yuh, I googled too, and saw nothing, but it has missed things before.

Comment

That seems unlikely as most people would know that wouldn’t change demand. If anything it would artificially create demand as consumers would feel the shortage until other manufacturers could catch up to the demand.

Comment

wouldn't the board have to approve such a sale?
            unless they just started grabbing up stock, but then the stock would jump

Comment

I've been watching Ruger stock its up a few bucks the past week or so

Comment

Originally posted by 325to1195 View Post
                So my dad tells me this afternoon that some rich politician bought out Ruger to shut them down as his way of advocating gun control. Anybody heard anything about this? Sounded a little out there to me, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility for a snow flake with money.
                So where did your dad get his information?

Comment

Nothing out there on it. What's this source?

Comment

I personally believe everything I read on the internet.

Comment

I have no idea, I think he said he saw it on the news, but I dismissed it so quick, I didn't ask what news source. If the green screen hasn't heard about it, I'd put my money on probably not true.

Comment

I personally believe Ruger’s goal is to put a firearm in the hands of every American and they plan to go down with our ship.

Comment

Nothing on FB about it, so can’t be true. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We live in a world now where very few people will actually do research and form their own opinion. Now I’m not saying that is your dad. However, I bet he heard it from someone like that.

People just regurgitate what they hear and the more out there it is the more they regurgitate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a catholic nun group that was trying to buy enough shares of gun companies to control the boards. Probably what he heard.

Comment

Working...
                              X