Ram 2500 is this a good deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram 2500 is this a good deal

My older retired buddy, I was talking with him about this PIA with dealerships
    And he tells me he would sell me his 2018 ram Laramie , 6.7 for $55000 or what he owes the bank . As he doesn’t drive it much , in two years he drove 7000 miles, sounds like a good deal, it has a long bed 8ft and I really don’t want another land barge , be I guess I could figure it out, it would be a PIA to get in a handicap parking spot and down town hospital parking garage

Kbb says it is slightly overpriced

Wife says buy it ASAP as Henry might change his mind
    Attached Files

Personally I would not pay over KBB, however 7,000 on a diesel and you know the owner is basically a new truck....

Comment

I see in your post that this is not what you need.Myself....if I were retired or near retirement I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a vehicle.

DJ
      Last edited by DJM; 08-19-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
        I see in your post that this is not what you need.Myself....if I were retired or near retirement I would spend that kind of money on a vehicle.

DJ
        I am only 52 and it would be both my daily and pulling/ work truck hooked to a 25 big Tex with a skid or midi excavation on deck

Comment

check out dennis dillon .com they have the best prices in the us.

Comment

Don’t put much faith in KBB or Edmunds pricing. They have shown to be grossly inaccurate (in both directions).

I would look up the original sticker, all you need is the VIN and you can find it. Then you can negotiate from there.

It’s seems to be fairly easy to get $10k off sticker on most vehicles these days if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Don’t put much faith in KBB or Edmunds pricing. They have shown to be grossly inaccurate (in both directions).

I would look up the original sticker, all you need is the VIN and you can find it. Then you can negotiate from there.

It’s seems to be fairly easy to get $10k off sticker on most vehicles these days if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              It’s a private sale from a 82 yo friend ( I don’t want to insult him buy offering less than he owes the bank )

Comment

I bought mine last August and it's a 18 also, it was 52k plus ttl. With that low of miles it's still new. Just depends if u want to buy his are go deal with a dealership.

Comment

Forget KBB. It's practically new! It's a good deal "if" you want it. The size of the truck sounds like it will be an issue for you though. It's not a great deal, but it's not bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                    I bought mine last August and it's a 18 also, it was 52k plus ttl. With that low of miles it's still new. Just depends if u want to buy his are go deal with a dealership.
                    I made a mistake it’s a limited

But I don’t know the difference , I have only been in a tradesman
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-19-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Forget KBB. It's practically new! It's a good deal "if" you want it. The size of the truck sounds like it will be an issue for you though. It's not a great deal, but it's not bad either.
                      agreed. i think it's a fair deal.

Comment

I think you could get a new one for cheaper... especially since the new body style is out

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          I made a mistake it’s a limited

But I don’t know the difference , I have only been in a tradesman
                          The standard features on the Laramie are very nice, the Limited is even nicer. The Trademan is basically a work truck, not even close when it comes to luxury features. There are lots of options that it could have that could drive the value up even more. That sounds like a great deal to me. I just purchased a 2019 1500 4x4 Laramie.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            It’s a private sale from a 82 yo friend ( I don’t want to insult him buy offering less than he owes the bank )
                            Why? What he owes the bank is irrelevant to what it's worth.

That said, I'd just do what's being recommended. Use the VIN to figure out what the original sticker was, assume you could have gotten it for 10-15% lower than sticker and take some nominal amount off for the 7k miles.

If you're planning on keep it for 5-10 years, it doesn't really matter if you nail the exact market value, other than the knowledge that you may have helped him out a little.

Comment

Limited is top of the line, brand new its about 75k

Comment

Working...
                              X