X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went kitchen aid as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      So my wife and I are taking steps to build us our forever home. One of the things I’m going to pay for out of pocket is appliances. Something bothers me about financing appliances for that length of time.

A couple years ago I went on a quest to get a new washer and dryer and found a company still making them old school, Speed Queen. It’s hands down the best washer and dryer I’ve had since my old maytags back in 2005 timeframe. They remind me of the way my clothes were washed when I was a kid.

So, on that train of thought, I’m looking at the appliances for the house and wondering if there’s a brand out there making great quality products for a reasonable price?

Is there a company out there I need to look at?

We just remodeled the house we currently live in and I’m not horribly satisfied with the Frigidaire gallery line stuff we bought. They’re okay, but we have had a couple issues.

My wife also wants the super big fridge that’s about the size of 2 refrigerators side by side....

Any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated
      Thanks we need a new washer and dryer................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Thanks we need a new washer and dryer................
        Unfortunately they changed design in 2018.... got to find a 17.

But even their new design is probably better than most.

I believe mine is not energy saver. It uses 26 gallons of water per wash if memory serves.

Comment

Viking, or thermador. Be done. Yeah they're pricey, but worth it. Just like the speed queens.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post

We just remodeled the house we currently live in and I’m not horribly satisfied with the Frigidaire gallery line stuff we bought. They’re okay, but we have had a couple issues.
            We are looking at these for the house we’re buying because all the other appliances are the same. What kind of problems are you having?

And another vote to stay far away from Samsung... absolutely garbage fridges. Ours use to freeze up all the time and then under the fridge drawers would pool up with water. Would have to dry everything out every 4-6 weeks

Comment

We went with a mixture of GE Monogram and Kitchen Aid in ours.

I’ve heard nothing good about the Frigidaire stuff and was told by all 3 major places we went to avoid Viking as they are no longer on par with what they were and these were all high end places that sell Viking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just installed a Subzero 42" built in fridge today. Man that thing is built like a tank, at 7ft tall and nearly 600lbs it was a handful just getting it in the house. The wife picked it out and she's the boss. Not cheap but looking at the big box door stuff it's built better and should last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  We spent a little extra and bought Kitchen Aid when we built our forever home. Very happy with them.
                  Sears in Cypress made us a great deal recently on our forever home. All kitchen aid.

Comment

Frigidaire appliances and ac's are junk. Appliance repair guys love them. Lots of the Kenmore stuff is Frigidaire or one of their spinoffs,

Look on appliance repair forums and see what the pros recommend. Most recommend to stay away from electronic controls, lots of $500 circuit boards to replace. Oriental
                    (Samsung, LG, Bosch), models don't seem to have good after purchase service support.

I personally have had the best luck with whirlpool, which was what you got a long time ago when you bought Kenmore. But I also have not had any of the more expensive models.
                    I have however worked on lots of commercial restaurant fridges and freezers, and the quality I see isn't that impressive. That would be for individual appliances, not walk ins, they are still pretty well made, but getting cheaper.
                    If you are shopping at sears, do a search for model # codes, print a sheet out, and take it to sears when you shop, and you can tell which mfg built any of their appliances marked Kenmore, Kenmore doesn't make anything.
                    Remember when they gave a 5 year warranty on the sealed system? No more, you need to buy the extended service when you buy the appliance.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                      Viking, or thermador. Be done. Yeah they're pricey, but worth it. Just like the speed queens.
                      Viking is trash. We spent a ton on them at work and they need constant repairs. 2 oven/cooktop combos, and 2 refrigerator/freezers.

The absolute worst purchases we have ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        Viking is trash. We spent a ton on them at work and they need constant repairs. 2 oven/cooktop combos, and 2 refrigerator/freezers.

The absolute worst purchases we have ever made.
                        I was thinking the same thing. A little research will show you that these brands aren't all they are made out to be.

I went with a Samsung fridge and Whirlpool washer/dryer. No issues so far.
                        I found this website to be helpful in making my decision.

Comment

buy the ones with the least amount of electronics, dials, bells/whistles as possible, just something else to go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            We are looking at these for the house we’re buying because all the other appliances are the same. What kind of problems are you having?

And another vote to stay far away from Samsung... absolutely garbage fridges. Ours use to freeze up all the time and then under the fridge drawers would pool up with water. Would have to dry everything out every 4-6 weeks
                            The plastic drawers are breaking. The runners the drawers slide on pop out constantly. The side of the fridge cracked in the interior liner and is separating.

The freezer ice machine acts up about every month and I get home to find the surprise of no ice for my evening tottie!

Comment

Well... I’m thoroughly confused. I do know I want no bells and whistles. Just a solidly built machine that will hopefully last me a long time!

Comment

We went back with Jenn-Air when we remodeled our home in 2017. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X