Port O'Connor Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port O'Connor Questions

Heading down Monday to fish with Ryan Longer Tuesday/Wednesday. We're staying at The Inn at Clarks. Any recommendations on places to eat? Is the bank fishing any good around the hotel? Anything else I need to see/do while we're there?

Try out docks, but they aren’t open Monday’s.

Comment

Josie's. Hooper's. Hurricane Junction. Nothing great to eat, but all are decent. Hurricane's is a set up bar, so bring a bottle if you don't want beer.

Comment

If you like catching hardheads the dockfishing is great!!

Comment

Just north of town can be a good shoreline to wade fish early in the morning. Hoopers isn't bad if you want a good burger and beer and sit out on the deck over looking the ICW. Cathy's is pretty good eating, Josie's is good Mexican food, but for some reason I always have a hard time catching them open. Not much else to really see there

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the info on food.

Comment

Pretty much covered it all. Hurricane Hut just reopened with new management. Same scene though. Bring your fish to Josies and they will cook it for you. Not bad.

Comment

cathy's

Comment

Cathy's after fishing. Go get the chicken fried steak for lunch and a salad at the salad bar. Thank me later....

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                    If you like catching hardheads the dockfishing is great!!
                    Oh my goodness, I love me some hardhead fishing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Sharkie’s has some good grub, as well as Josie’s. Ryan puts in at the ramp right there behind Clark’s so all you’ll have to to do is roll outta bed and walk over. As mentioned above unless you feel like catching all the hard heads you can imagine I wouldn’t suggest fishing there. Good luck and be sure to post some pics. Oh also ask Ryan about the supplier next to Clark’s. They typically have something good in there, either shrimp, oysters etc and all at pretty darn good prices.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                        Heading down Monday to fish with Ryan Longer Tuesday/Wednesday. We're staying at The Inn at Clarks. Any recommendations on places to eat? Is the bank fishing any good around the hotel? Anything else I need to see/do while we're there?

Another vote for Huricane Junction. Can't remember the Mexican resturant we went to, but easy to figure out places to eat. They have the most cars in their lot.

For fishing you got the POC Jetty and here is a spot we did some wade fishing - 28.463442, -96.415344

Comment

Your going have to come back again...5D Steakhouse is in the process of getting their permits to build a location in POC. The food there is really good.

Comment

Took some trout to Josie’s last weekend, had some fried and rest grilled. Grilled trout was awesome, fried was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I assume catching hardheads is just like any other catfish...dead shrimp on the bottom?

Appreciate all of the input on food. We'll have 2 teenage boys that will need filling up.

Comment

Working...
                              X