What to do if you are home when there is a house fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do if you are home when there is a house fire

Do you have a plan for if you are home and your house catches on fire? We did not and thank goodness we were not home when it happened. Please talk with your family about what your plan of action is if this happens to you......especially if you have children upstairs. Below is a copy/ paste job from my Facebook page.

Also the only thing from our home that we were able to recover were the contents of our gun safe. If you do not already have one I’d definitely recommend getting one ASAP.

——
    Michele Denning Parrack and I are so very thankful for all the calls, txt, visits and prayers. We have been pretty busy processing everything and we apologize for not being able to get back with everyone that has reached out to us. On top of everything Michele has now tested positive for the flu.

We’ve had many people ask what they can do. The biggest thing on mine and Michele’s hearts right now is for everyone to have some type of a plan if there is a fire. Michele and I were those people that never thought something like this could happen to us. To be honest we never even discussed it. The night the fire broke out Michele and Linda would have been home alone while I was working if they had not been in San Antonio with her sister, who by the grace of God convinced them to stay another night. Now all we can think about is what we would have done if Linda would have been upstairs in her room Sunday night. We had NO PLAN for if a fire like this happened while we were home and it could have been a true tragedy. We are so blessed that everyone is safe. The house and the stuff in it can all be replaced.

So tonight while you are sitting around with your family please discuss some type of plan that you can go by if you are home and something like this happens.

Again thank you all sooooo very much for the concern. We are truly blessed to have the the support system you all give.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1758.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	25171600Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1771.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	25171601Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1756.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	25171602Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1757.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	25171603

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang man...….So sorry...…
    As long as everybody's safe... You came out ahead....
    Do you know what caused it ?

Comment

Oh no... sorry to hear this this morning glad every one is ok

Comment

Dang man. That is terrible. So sorry to hear that. I understand a fire is extremely tough on a family. Glad you weren't home, and thx for bringing the need for a plan to our attention. I have 3 kids upstairs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will discuss a plan with my family tonight, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sorry you lost everything, but glad none of your family members were hurt. I too have 2 kids upstairs. We have talked to them about the smoke alarms, but I'm not sure our plan is fool proof. I would like to hear what people tell their children to do when they hear the smoke alarms go off.

What brand safe did you have and do you think the guns are still useable? Did you have any paperwork or cash in it?

Comment

Ive been in one and was in the house when it went. We ran back in through a side door to get the dogs out then just watched it burn.

It is scary but glad everyone is ok! A plan of action is a good thing to have!

Comment

Those pics are terrible.
                Glad you and your family are safe.

Thanks for the reminder, we will revisit our escape plan this evening.

Comment

Anytime we have kids visit or we visit kids my crew typically talks to the kids and I talk to the adults. For kids they need to know your expectations for their actions when the smoke detectors go off in the middle of the night.
                  My kids know exactly what I want them to do. A 2 story house is a little more difficult but there definitely needs to be a thought out plan

Comment

We have an emergency ladder for my kid upstairs. He will probably just go outside and jump down like he does now. I’m just walking outside and my oldest is told to walk out his exit. Everyone knows don’t take any belongings. Glad you are safe.

Comment

WHOA! So sorry for your loss. What a blessing that nobody was home.

Thanks for the reminder about emergency plans. Unfortunately, we never think that it'll happen to us.

Comment

Thanks and Prayers up for yall.

Comment

Glad everyone was ok, we have 3 kids and we explained to everyone each of their exit options in case one is blocked. We told them if they hear fire alarms or there is a fire to just exit the house and go ring the neighbors door bell until they answer.

Comment

wow!

Comment

Scary situation.
                              Glad you and your family are safe.
                              Great advice

Comment

Working...
                              X