Faux Gumbeaux Pasta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faux Gumbeaux Pasta

Ain’t never heard of this, ain’t never made it. Ain’t s’posed to be authentic, but I do believe it’ll feed. Here goes nuthin’.

1 box of gumbo mix (for cheatin’ on account this is technically a school night)
    1 box of pasta
    1 pound andouille sausage from Best Stop (now that part is legit!)
    Trinity with a red substituted for green cuz that’s what I got
    Can of maters. Who knows if I’ll use this or not
    2lbs shrimp

Cut the sausage up, in the pot she goes. Don’t let a single smudge of fat go to waste.

Got that fat reduced, in go the veggies to sauté. No roux though, we’re using the gumbo packet to cheat on that part.

Add the gumbo mix and water. My goodness the color is just demoralizing. Think we’ll be using the tomato’s after all.

Get it to a boil and throw in the shrimp. Normally I would add the shrimp at the end, but since they are frozen, who cares. In they go. Maters too.

Finally, get the pasta in there and cook till done. This shouldn’t need any seasoning because that andouille adds all ya need. Well, apparently this is even mo’ faux than I thought it would be. The knuckleheads at Zatarins mixed the dang rice in with the gumbo mix. Who lives like that? I guess it’s just additional carbs to fill us up, but I don’t like rice in my pasta or pasta in my rice, even if it’s already an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.

Last step, eat about half a bowl before telling the hyenas, I mean kids, dinner’s ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Working...
X