Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #51
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

I absolutely feel bad them for. You only get to do your senior year once.
Acameron52 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #52
wellingtontx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBob View Post
As the father of a senior this year, I'll step up and say I don't think any one of them are saying they have it worse than if they were fighting in a war, or anything similar. What they are upset about is that they aren't going to participate in all the fun and recognition that every other senior class before them got to participate in. To that end, I do feel for them. Could it be worse, sure, it could be worse for any of us. However, that doesn't make it any less disappointing for them to be missing out on typical senior year stuff. We can only hope this is the only class that this affects.

Got a Senior as well. Well said Sir.
wellingtontx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #53
erikm1981
Ten Point

My senior son isnít phased at all by missing the prom and graduation. He kind of checked out after Christmas. But he is worried about the fall, he is going to Oklahoma Baptist on a football scholarship and is starting to worry. They are proceeding as normal but still hard not to look forward and wonder what the next couple of months may bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
erikm1981 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #54
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonJ View Post
I definitely feel for the seniors...

However, myself and few others discussing it on a different form were quickly reminded that they donít have it that bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You still got to graduate. To get that closure and moving on to that next step in life regardless how difficult or traumatic it was.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2020, 04:36 PM   #55
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STX_Shooter View Post
Yep my wifeís brother is a senior and is working full time at a gas station. The thing that ****** me off is that his dad and mom arenít working due to this and heís not helping with any of the bills. Rather save up for a car then pay bills, I was 15 when I had my first job and was already paying the light and phone bill. Some parents are making their kids soft, so I donít blame the kids I blame their parents.
Do his parents want him to help? No way in hell my dad would have taken a dime from me.

Making life tougher on your kids doesnít necessarily make tougher or harder working kids. You can have tough very successful kids without making them even have a job if youíre doing it right.
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #56
Farmdog
Ten Point

My Senior hasn’t been allowed to leave the farm for a week. I lecture him about sneaking off in the middle of the night to see his girlfriend, I remember 18. I want him to join the military and oneday return to the farm, but who knows what’s in store for him. He is smart but isn’t the strongest student, I know we spoiled him, time to wake up for sure when the smoke clears
Farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #57
Bear Charge
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

I'm an Assistant Principal and just sent out an email telling my teachers that "if nothing else comes of the current state of affairs, I hope that each of you recognize the role that educators play in the community." First response was, "I hope they do too." Bring on the teacher bashing thread but please remember the role schools play in this country.
Bear Charge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #58
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

No teacher bashing here. We spend to much money on bombs and not enough on education.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top