• Show
Clear All

Turtle ID

What kind? Good pet?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Box turtle I believe, good pet.
    Are known to have salmonella.

Comment

Western Box Turtle I believe. Don't let that son of a gun bite you. Good God almighty it hurts.

Comment

Man I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid. All I see these days are those **** red ear sliders

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Man I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid. All I see these days are those **** red ear sliders
          Found it in the middle of my street in cypress..wife wants me to get rid of it

Comment

Box turtle. Used to have several as pets. they get friendly pretty quick.

Comment

My mom used to ask us to find her a box turtle when we were kids. Turns out she was making sure we got out into nature and knew the animals we came across. What a clever woman!

Comment

They really really like tomatoes. I used to find them in my grandma's garden, always eating on tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Western Box Turtle I believe. Don't let that son of a gun bite you. Good God almighty it hurts.
                  And it won't let go until it thunders

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    They really really like tomatoes. I used to find them in my grandma's garden, always eating on tomatoes.
                    That and strawberries!

cricman

Comment

The Western Ornate Box Turtle, with its soulful face, baleful eyes, clumsy gate, indiscriminate diet and reclusive habits, would scarcely seem infused with charm.

This website says trying to make a pet out of one caught in the wild almost always fails!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve had it work both ways. Some are some never would. We kept them for a while and returned em to the wild. Had em for our son who really enjoyed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                          And it won't let go until it thunders
                          That's exactly what my grandma told me after I got bit. Luckily it only hung on for a little bit but that beak deal they have is sharp and it cut me. I was little and I kept foolin with that thing. I was crying and carrying on after it got me and she told me I better just start leaving stuff alone. Cause the next time it gets me it won't let go under it thunders. It wasn't cloudy that day so I left it alone.

Comment

We let him go, he is wandering through our front yard. I counted 4 ridges, so he is suppose to be 4 years old.

Comment

Eastern Box turtle is my guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X