Chop Saw Stand Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop Saw Stand Ideas

Im trying to decide on what would be the best way to set up my metal cutting chopsaw, it gets used in the shop daily. Im debating between a permenant solid table, a table on wheels or just a stand for the saw on wheels and roller stands.
    I have a 30' wall dedicated for it and usually deal with 24' material.
    What are yall using or what would you recommend?

I usually just put it on a folding table or on the floor wherever the material is instead of dragging the material to the saw.

Comment

I need to do something too.
      I HATE using the chop saw on the floor

Comment

Build a 3 piece work bench for it.
        1) left of saw on wheels
        2) saw, should have height adjusted to be level with "deck" of saw. Stationary
        3) right of saw on wheels.

This gives you 2 extra portable work surfaces when saw is not in use. Just roll back into place when saw is needed, or to get out of the way.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where you located? I have a rigid folding stand I’ve been meaning to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            Where you located? I have a rigid folding stand I’ve been meaning to post.

I had the rigid Folding one. It was awesome! I HATE working on the floor.

OP- I wanted to capture the dust so I built a permanent one out of plywood. You can see it one page 4. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...oodshop&page=4

Comment

This is an example of the one I made. Moves easily. No longer on the floor.
              Attached Files

Comment

Only pic I can find of it. This one is on casters and had arms that slid in on either side to hold material. The arms would store vertically in the base of the stand.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, i started working on it last night, ill post pictures when its complete!

Comment

following

Comment

Go to Harbor Freight search (chop saw stand) pretty good ideas for build your own and Price to buy ain't too bad.

Comment

Following

Comment

I know you’ve already started on it but.....I put casters on the two back legs, and cut the front legs to make the table level. So I can lean it back and move it easy, but it’s stable sitting on all 4 legs and doesn’t move. Mine is all steel with 3/8” plate on top.

Comment

Mine is on one of the HD folding stands. They go on sale usually during Black Friday/Christmas for $100-150. These have extendable outboard supports that would handle almost any length material.

Comment

Mounted mine on a 55 gal. metal barrel. Need a couple adjustable stands for long stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X