Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learn me about Covert Blackhawk LTE cameras....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The set up instructions for this thing suck as far as I am concerned. The main reason I have this thing is I want to get a notification when the pigs are at the feeder behind my house so I can go outside and shoot them. Is there a setting that makes it send the picture notification instantly (or pretty close)? Does it send a notification for every picture it takes?

I have had this one set up in my office for 2 hours and it has sent me one picture.

Easiest way to do your settings is by phone app. And yes.... you can do it instantly. Also, check your sensitivity setting. You may have it on low. Also, make sure you have it set to send instantly and not on a delay.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      The set up instructions for this thing suck as far as I am concerned. The main reason I have this thing is I want to get a notification when the pigs are at the feeder behind my house so I can go outside and shoot them. Is there a setting that makes it send the picture notification instantly (or pretty close)? Does it send a notification for every picture it takes?

I have had this one set up in my office for 2 hours and it has sent me one picture.

Im going to ask the obvious first. Have you downloaded the app and set it up on their website?...Is the camera showing active? Did you turn the switch all the way up to on after it hooked up? (this is a common ooops)

To answer your questions....Yes and yes. ......but if your signal is weaker you don't want to stack the pics up in the pipeline and have it sending over each other. We usually set them at 3 minutes apart but if your signal is good 1min can be accomplished. 1 pic is all you need really.

Comment

Also....if you haven't had any animals show up in those 2 hours its not going to send you a pic unless you call for one. To call for one instantly you need your remote set on "real time."

Comment

^^^What Smart said. He's the Covert "Yoda!"

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Also....if you haven't had any animals show up in those 2 hours its not going to send you a pic unless you call for one. To call for one instantly you need your remote set on "real time."

I have the app on my phone. I changed the PIR sensitivity to high. When you go to the send mode on the camera when you select Instant there is an option for Max number. What does that mean? I don’t have it in the woods. It’s in my business right now.

Update: I changed the Max Number after you select send mode to 10 and now it is sending me pics. The max number option only goes to 99. Does that means it will only send 10 pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by 175gr7.62; 04-06-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I have the app on my phone. I changed the PIR sensitivity to high. When you go to the send mode on the camera when you select Instant there is an option for Max number. What does that mean? I don’t have it in the woods. It’s in my business right now.

Update: I changed the Max Number after you select send mode to 10 and now it is sending me pics. The max number option only goes to 99. Does that means it will only send 10 pics?

1st thing.....Do you have the remote set on Real Time using your camera to do that?? Its easier to call for a pciture to make sure it is working using the real time photo icon on the app

Send mode? Never heard of it. Take a pic of it for me on your phone and post a pic or screen shot your ap.

Are you talking about the max number of images per day? Should be set to unlimited unless the brand new one have changed it.
              Last edited by Smart; 04-06-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

guess you got it figured out..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  1st thing.....Do you have the remote set on Real Time using your camera to do that?? Its easier to call for a pciture to make sure it is working using the real time photo icon on the app

Send mode? Never heard of it. Take a pic of it for me on your phone and post a pic or screen shot your ap.

Are you talking about the max number of images per day? Should be set to unlimited unless the brand new one have changed it.

The Covert manual says to set remote to at least 4hrs. I just changed it to instant. this is the option after send mode.

It was on 0 and goes up to 99. I changed it to 10. Not sure what it means.

Comment

Max number on camera should be set to zero

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Max number on camera should be set to zero

Ya’ll are confrusing me...

Comment

Lol. Camera settings are slightly different than app settings. Trust me, it should be zero.

Max number on app should be “unlimited”

Comment

Ya’ll are confrusing me...

Like Jeff said zero there.... You want the pics unlimited.... On the app it gives you a choice of unlimited or a number.

Does the remote actually say instant or Real Time?

Comment

Tag

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X