DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
    Thanks for all the pictures and write-up. This is a great follow along!

Thank you. It has been a blast to build thus far. The real work however is about to begin. Blocking and final fairing is going to make or break the paint job and essentially the entire build and goal. I suspect a solid week of evenings will be spent doing this.

Michael

Comment

Thought of this thread when I saw this!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
        Thought of this thread when I saw this!

I actually shared that original meme and it went viral with some 3k shares and just under 500k views... I love it!

Comment

Got one of the underside gunnels faired this morning. The humidity started kicking my backside so I called it an early day.

Comment

Awesome, its coming along!

Comment

Got the other side knocked out this morning and started softening the transition at the flare.

Comment

Now I’m just waiting for the weather to cooperate. Got her all ready for a final primer coat and paint. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that just three months ago she was nothing more than raw materials and a dream.

Michael

Comment

The two-part paint will arrive Tuesday so I spent the day working on the donor trailer. I need it ready for when the paint dries on Skipjack I can flip her onto it. The trailer got stripped to metal, primed, painted, axle flipped to over the springs, and measured for the replacement 3x3 box tubing tongue. Overall, another productive day.

Comment

Looking great. Trailer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I replaced the tongue on the trailer and got it all painted and ready to set Skipjack on then I’ll install the rollers.

Comment

Wow

Comment

The two-part paint arrived! I have a test piece drying now to make sure the paint and primer jive before painting the boat. It’s looking like it will work fine but I’ll give it a couple hours just to make sure.

Comment

I do believe every flying bug in the neighborhood showed up to inspect the final primer coat! In the morning I will lightly sand them out and prepare the hull for paint.

Salt Boatworks FRS-14
                            Project Skipjack

Comment

Its getting real

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

This is looking really good. Great work.

Comment

Working...
                                X