No announcement yet.

What would you do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet you the next time I walked the dog I'd have an AR-15 or 12 gauge shotgun with me. I'd let that dog bite me then shoot it in the head right there in the street and that guy wouldn't do a thing about it except bury it.

I don't fool with mean dogs, I deal with mean dogs. He already threatened your life. I'd report it before anything ever even happened to let the police know you plan on walking your dog over there. If that guy can't control himself or his dog he probably needs to stay inside or keep his dog on a leash.

You already brought a knife to a gun fight once. Take a cannon next time. Problem solved. I bet one time by that house with a shotgun slung over your shoulder and that dog would be on a chain the next day.
    Last edited by okrattler; 03-27-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

The fact you pulled a knife gives him an out for pulling the gun. Now it's your story against his with no real "evidence". If you decide to walk that way again... I'd have something recording. ;-). Then again, I'd just walk somewhere else... You can be TOTALLY "in the right" and still have quite an ordeal for the use of a weapon.

I speak from experience. ;-)

Oh and NEVER NEVER pull a weapon unless you're planning to use it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post

This right here. And I'd add you better have a plan for after you use it as well because you're gonna need it.

Gary

Comment

Your best option is to walk your dog on a different route. If that's not an option take a weapon that's suitable for a fight. I wouldn't list a knife of a pistol under that category.

Comment

Judy chop both of em.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              The real question is would Bob let his Pure German lined GSD fight the other dog
              Depends on the situation. I can assure you my dog can hold his own. Ultimately it is my job to protect him. I think the two of us would be just fine.

Git in where you fit in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2cents, 1st of all, he threatened you which in my past LEO days would have been classified as a "possible terroristic threat" which at least back in the days was included in the Texas Penal Code. NO idea if that still exists and of course is subject to interpretation to both responding officer, if called, then prosecutor interpretation to file charges.

But here is what my wife and I do when taking a walk, we carry a Baton Stun Gun that is 14" long to repel "whatever" would do us harm. We do NOT take our dogs with us on our walks so not in play.

"Most" municipalities have leash laws, but if you are in the county then? Totally out of line from what you described and at least for me, don't "threaten" me or any of my family unless you are prepared to pay the price either by law or self defense. Total BS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
                  The fact you pulled a knife gives him an out for pulling the gun. Now it's your story against his with no real "evidence". If you decide to walk that way again... I'd have something recording. ;-). Then again, I'd just walk somewhere else... You can be TOTALLY "in the right" and still have quite an ordeal for the use of a weapon.

I speak from experience. ;-)

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  This right here. And I'd add you better have a plan for after you use it as well because you're gonna need it.

Gary

There are situations where is perfectly fine to present your gun but not shoot. Many situations have been diffused/de-escalated by the presence/presentation of a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lot of Rambo going on

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

When my kids were in elementary school, their PE teacher got shotgunned to death in the street during his little girls birthday party because his drunk neighbor thought they were too loud. Point being, first, you never know what somebody with a gun is gonna do. Second, I learned to fight because sometimes you have to....my dog better do the same. I ain't getting shot over a dog. Third, and finally, that SOB ain't always gonna have a gun in his hand....maybe while he's checking his mail, maybe while he's in line in the grocery store, maybe while he's delivering Meals-on-Wheels to the elderly, I don't know, but one day he'd probably had wished he'd have shot me when he had the chance.

Who the **** pulls a knife?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        There are situations where is perfectly fine to present your gun but not shoot. Many situations have been diffused/de-escalated by the presence/presentation of a gun.

You're correct. I guess it would be more accurate to say willing than planning.
                        But don't count on brandishing your weapon to stop a determined aggressor.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Your walking your dog ( on leash) and another dog ( this dog off leash) in its yard at first then in the neighbors yards upon confrontation. We won’t say what kind of dog. But it comes at your dog very aggressively, you have a knife and a concealed pistol. Now Let’s say you pulled your knife, just in case. Owner of other dog yells at you “ if you touch my dog I will shoot you”, pulls weapon and waves it around, while half heartily trying to get his dog to obey. Seriously think about what would you do ?

These WWYD threads drive me to drinking!

1. What's the purpose of the thread?
                          2. Did this actually happen to you?
                          3. Why not tell the attacking dog breed? Why the secret? What difference does that make?
                          4. You have a pistol, yet take the time to pull and open a pocket knife?
                          5. Why have you not responded back to the thread that you started?
                          6. Why use "your" instead of the correct, "you're"?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            You're correct. I guess it would be more accurate to say willing than planning.
                            But don't count on brandishing your weapon to stop a determined aggressor.

Gary

Agreed. You should be prepared to use it if the situation escalated.

Comment

This thread reminds me of the “would you shoot a guy with corona virus for coughing on you thread” from a couple of days ago.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen. jk, but that leads me to this. put the knife up and do like the kids do and pull out your phone and start recording. 98% of people that are acting like a fool will get some manners real quick when they know they are being recorded.

I've had dogs off leash run up on me twice and both times were sent screaming back where they came from. i have a pair of rottweilers that spend their weekends at the ranch with me and have scrapped with a lot of critters out there. a city dog doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X