Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-26-2020, 11:35 PM   #1
LWolken
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montgomery & Grimes
Arrow Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion – 5 of 7
"AND HE CALLED"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 1:1-6:7, Isaiah 43:21-44:23, Hebrews 10: 1-18, Romans 8:1-13)

Elevation Offering: The Olah A Volunteer Offering
(Leviticus 1:1-17)

In Hebrew the elevation offering is called the olah, meaning: to cause to ascend up to Yahweh as a flame and smoke ascent by burning. In Greek olah is holocausta , which conveys its meaning as being wholly burnt. The elevation offering is also called the burnt offering. The olah is first brought to atone for impure or dishonoring thoughts. These unclean thoughts can influence the body; hence may tempt many to be led astray emotionally and/or physically. This is why Yahweh designed the olah as a volunteer offering in the tabernacle. The second case for the olah is for failing to perform a required instruction of Yahweh.

Romans 7:23 “But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.”

This first offering promotes the heart and mind to help keep them purified thus preserving the tabernacle. The olah was brought, like the offerings of material for the tabernacle, from a willing heart. “Those whose heart was willing and whose heart moved him to bring to Yahweh.” The olah was not to be brought with a hard heart or under duress. Conditional offerings would not be acceptable to Yahweh (Exodus 35:5, 21; Isaiah 1:11-20).

The person bringing the offering would bring, according to their financial status, a male bull, a sheep or goat, a dove or pigeon to the entrance of the Tent of Meeting. There he would place his hand on the head of the animal. By doing this the man offering the olah would transfer his sin to the animal and the animal would die in his place to be atonement for the dishonor. It is interesting to note that his hand was placed on the head of the animal, as the mind is where the soul of man is and his other hand would draw a knife across the throat of the animal, cutting the main artery of life-giving blood to that animal. The man would then have to watch the life of that animal drain out and the animal die before him. If it were a male from the herd, the priest would catch the blood in a bowl and sprinkle it on all four sides of the bronze altar. If a sheep or goat were offered, the blood was sprinkled on the north side of the altar.

The animal olah offerings could only cover the sin, not take it away permanently. Today it is only Yeshua’s sinless blood offered as an olah on our behalf sprinkled on the altar in the heavenly tabernacle that cleanses us. Yeshua’s blood not only covered our sin but also took it away once and for all. Now it is up to us to keep our temples clean (1Corinthians 3:16).

Hebrews 7:27, 9:12 “Unlike the other high priests, he [Yeshua] does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.”

The Israelites were commanded to place two logs always on the brazen altar morning and evening. The two wood pieces can represent the two ends of a Torah scroll. The fire represents Yahweh’s word, as it is the altar that cleanses the sin from within the offering. Animals represent people in Scripture. His Word is a consuming fire. Our sin is atoned and totally taken away by the sacrifice of Yeshua. Upholding and obeying His word day and night refines us by fire. The two logs can also represent the Two Houses of Israel, the House of Israel and the House of Judah, who are the two mouthpieces/witnesses of Yahweh’s word. If we continue to offer ourselves on the altar, the sinful nature of the soul will burn away making us fit for life in the Bridal Chamber (Acts 10: 9-29; Jeremiah 23:29; Revelation 6:9; Isaiah 44:15-20).

Zechariah 13:9 “I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘Yahweh is our God/ Elohim.’”

Luke 3:16 “John answered them all, ‘I baptize/mikvah you in water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize/ mikvah you with the Holy Spirit/ Ruach HaKhodesh and with fire.’”

The olah was washed, skinned, cut in pieces and placed on the fire of the altar to be burned whole, causing it to go up in smoke – a pleasing aroma to Yahweh (Leviticus 1:13,17).

Does the Olah Apply to Believers Today?

Positively! The elevation offering is still in effect today. Since the tabernacle is in us and we are ministering priests before Yahweh, what would the offering be today? The olah is how we elevate each other before Yahweh. When Yahweh dwells in us and we fellowship with each other, Yahweh dwells in our midst. This becomes the elevation/ olah offering. It is all about how we treat people. This reveals our approach to Yahweh. Treating others well is the elevation offering. When we come face to face with others we come presence to presence with Yahweh as Yeshua dwells within us.

Matthew 18:20 Yeshua said, “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

Elevation offerings first come from within, from the heart. Before we can love and elevate others we first need to love ourselves. If we have self-respect it will also cause us to respect others and inspire others to respect themselves. Self-abasement will not elevate others or ourselves; it will in fact destroy us. Life comes from serving others. If we are depressed serving others will literally deliver us from death to life. To elevate and inspire people brings blessings into our own lives as well as the lives of others. Doing so without adding burdens or guilt to anyone is the heart of the olah offering. Serving people with care and sincerity, with respect for one another will resurrect the dead. Manipulation of people by emotions, speaking superficially, sarcastically, with harshness or evil intent causes a death process in ourselves as well as those we treat in this manner.

Reaching out to people, treating them lovingly, politely and elevating them higher than ourselves - this is the olah offering today. Loving our neighbor as our self is obeying Yahweh’s principles that govern His Kingdom. Even if that person has harmed us in the past, the choice is still ours to forgive and love unconditionally. Herein lies a true test of our character that promotes moving on to higher ground in our walks with Yahweh. This is the first sacrifice in His Tabernacle that presents us with the option: will we first offer ourselves as an olah a freewill offering to Yahweh?

continues tomorrow...
LWolken is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top