No announcement yet.

Bar-B-Q pitts/Smokers opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't care for the big green egg. We got one at the farm, and It just won't grow on me. I use it a few times a month. For grilling I like my pit boss much better. For smoking a good old seasoned stick burner is unbeatable. If I had to choose one, I would go with the pit boss because I grill more than I smoke.

If you decide to go with a ceramic grill, the Primos is a much better bang for your buck. I cook pretty often on my buddies, and I prefer it over our green egg.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 03-26-2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Listening for the lake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

For value this one is pretty awesome https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oklahoma-Jo...moker/50329703

You can definitely spend more and get better but the OK Joe will last you decades and works well.

Comment

My LYFE TIME has seemed to live up to its name..and only thing I ever had to do is replace expanded metal grait/grill...whatever they called..and they slip in and out...no welding at all...and were bought and cut a local metal shop for like 30 bucks...
          I bought it used about 30y ago but thats a guess...Made Tons of BBQ...I still have it but its been pretty well retired (me Too) after I got a Pellet smoker a year or so ago

Comment

Yoder Durango. Really like mine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Budget friendly is the old country over and under at academy. Love mine.

Comment

I have an old country from Academy off set smoker. I think it is the Pecos. Not bad on price and they hold temps really well. I put a brisket on about an hour ago. Had my temps regulated at 250 before I put it on. Just went out just to make sure where the temp was still right at 250.

Comment

I was an offset guy since 1993 and now that I have a Rec Tec, it's the only way to go. For the naysayers, you need to borrow one and give it a try, it's a game changer.

Comment

Thoughts on Traegers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got an All Seasons offset I would sell ya for $500. Went to a pellet 3 years ago, this one hasn’t see fire in that amount of time and was only used for about 3 years. Very thick metal.

Edit, just looked and these now sell for $950. When I bought it 8 payed 1150.

So $400 and it’s yours.
                      Last edited by John Paul; 03-26-2020, 06:24 PM. Reason: Change

Comment

Here are a few pics. Little work and paint and sh will be cooked again. Does have adjustable plate under the double sliding shelves, heat deflector.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                          Offset is the best. BGE are okay for steaks, but they can't cook a brisket as well as a stick burner offset. In my opinion.

Like everything, you can pay a little or a lot for one. From $200 to many thousands.

Do you want it portable/trailered?
                          How much do you want to cook on it at one time (size)?
                          Regular flow, or reverse flow?
                          How easy is it to clean out, both inside and firebox?
                          I have an old trailer Im gonna put it on.
                          I want to be able to cook one steak to a whole bunch of steaks.
                          Not sure what reverse flow is, so I suppose regular flow.
                          I want the flexibility of grilling and smoking.

Thanx for rsponding

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Yoder Durango. Really like mine.
                            Nice setup.

Comment

I’d love to have a stick smoker but dang my BGEs cook awesome.

Comment

If money is no object...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 8.15.51 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	24612795

These guys make art that cooks.

Comment

Working...
                                X