Above ground pools help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Above ground pools help

Help me out here on above ground pools...
    Thinking about getting one for my family. I have a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old.

No telling how long the media is going to drag on this virus deal so it could be a long summer with no travel.

GO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a cheap 16' pool from Academy every year for about 6 years, set it up, enjoyed it for the summer, then threw it in the trash at the end of the season. Wash, rinse, repeat. Only $350.00

Comment

What's the question?

Comment

I have 2. One here and one in Corpus. The newer pools are really nice. We got all resin frames and aluminum walls. Saltwater cholorine systems require almost zero upkeep besides vacuming.

Comment

I did the same for my son when he was small. Go saltwater if you can, even on a disposable. The pumps the small pools come with are too small to turn the pool over, even running them 24/7. Either upgrade to a bigger pump or go saltwater.

Ours were fine until mid August, then you couldn't keep chlorine in them to save your life. Water would green up overnight, then you had to shock, get the chemicals back on track and repeat as soon as you got it right. You dump a lot of money in those pools in chemicals during the late summer if you go traditional chlorine.

Comment

My wife is hounding me for one now.. and I'm trying to put it off as long as possible. We had one at our old house and glad it stayed there when we sold.. I HATED that thing.. nothing but a money pit. Buy a boat instead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever pool you go with, go with a sand filter.

Comment

I just have a 24 X 12 Intex that has held up for years. The only problem I see is there is now shallow end for the smaller kids.

Comment

We had one for twenty years and it is still going! Sold the house in July. We will be building an in ground pool if they ever get our house built. There is work to them but it’s worth it if your family will utilize it. Great family time! If you do it I would recommend an oversized filter for it instead of the small units that come with them. Ours was a 27’ round with 60 inch DE filtration system. Good Luck and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                    What's the question?

Salt or fresh, brands, size....

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      What's the question?

Salt or fresh, brands, size....

Comment

My dad bought some type of high end (for an above ground) pool, used, at least 10 years ago. It was around $5k. Not great to look at but built to last.

Buddy buys a Walmart unit every year. Sometimes the plastic doesn't make it the whole summer but his investment is low.

Comment

Buy them a go cart, dirt bike, 4wheeler instead. I dumped more money into a pool that was fun the 1st 2 months, that it'll make you sick. Just last month that same pool is now filled with dirt! Lol or take them to a hotel 3x's a month from June-Aug. they'll have a pool. You'll have more money. They will appreciate it more. You'll have lots of free soap, TP, and crank the air down to 50 at night without worry.

Comment

I got a 24x15 above ground a few years ago and really like it. It isn’t real pretty but I put a nice deck on one end and enjoy the heck out of it. I went with saltwater, sand filter. The chlorine generator just went out after 3 years but that’s about the only issue I have had. Initial investment was about $3500 for the pool and another $1k to have someone set it up. The deck was another $1200. The estimate I got for a pretty simple in ground pool was $52k!

Comment

Yea, they have four wheelers, bikes, everything a kid could as for it’s just nice to have down here with the hot summer....

Comment

Working...
                              X