Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H.E.B. - That is impressive for a grocery chain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.E.B. - That is impressive for a grocery chain.

Who knew they take a first responder role, in Texas emergencies.

From hurricanes to Ebola, etc. HEB has a plan, and it has worked pretty well for COVID19. They started monitoring CV, back in January. Wish we had one in Plano.

Great read, from Texas Monthly.

The grocer started communicating with its Chinese counterparts in January and was running tabletop simulations a few weeks later. (But nothing prepared it for the rush on toilet paper.)

HEB is great but Krogers is doing the same and they both helped during Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
      Are you sure they are doing the same? It is worth reading the article. HEB partnered with Labatts, which servers the restaurant business, to beef up the supply chain. HEB has an Emergency Operations Center, with a dedicated staff to keep their plan up-to-date.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        Kroger sucks. Lol. Might as well go to Walmart.

Comment

Heb! Heb! Heb!

Comment

Kroger decided that BOTH cashiers in each store were essential employees.

Comment

I love me some HEB, but this standing in line crap just to get inside the grocery store is driving me nuts. I'll shop Kroger until they go back to normal operation.

Comment

HEB is a great company. Don't diss Walmart unless you know both sides of all the stories. Kinda like the Cowboys and Yankee haters just cuz of who they've become.

Comment

Didn’t read the article, but seems to be a good business decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Kroger decided that BOTH cashiers in each store were essential employees.
                    Good God exactly this.

Kroger is about 3 miles closer to us than HEB but there is NEVER more than two lanes open. Literally grocery WalMart. And it definitely sucks for you if you go through self check and have something that won’t scan or have more than 4 items that don’t fit in the bagging area. I’d be waiting longer for CS than it would have taken for me to go through the at least 5 deep from the one or two cashier operated lines.

Comment

I have always held HEB in high esteem, they are a stand out company in any community they serve. After reading the Texas Monthly article it's even more evident that they know how to do things right.

My hat goes off to HEB

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Thank you for sharing. A great read on business continuity, resilience and preparedness in face of a crisis. Job very well done, HEB!

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                            I have always held HEB in high esteem, they are a stand out company in any community they serve. After reading the Texas Monthly article it's even more evident that they know how to do things right.

My hat goes off to HEB
                            Heb had my money when they cooked 3 meals a day for a week during the magnolia wildfires when Kroger gave 1000 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My son works at HEB and they take care of their people for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X