PCP air rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCP air rifle.

Keeping up with the Jones' but a friend of mine just bought one of these with the compressor and other gadgets.
    So I must keep up. Maybe not as fancy but still need to be in the click.
    Are those Umarex Gauntlet air rifles any good? I saw a package deal for around $800 that included a buddy tank to fill from and is equipped with a 4-12x scope. I don't want to spend $2500 like he did but still want something that is accurate to 50 yds and at least .25 cal.

I'd recommend the Benjamin Marauder in .25 caliber as a good entry level PCP airgun. It operates at a low enough pressure to be able to hand pump it. They can be modified probably more different ways than any other gun out there in this class... They are accurate and very dependable...
    When you are ready to step up to something high end, look for something coming from central Europe or Sweden...

Go to: www.pyramidair.com and look at their selection of entry level PCP guns. They will probably have a "kit" deal for the Marauder that will include the gun, scope, pump and some ammo for a good price... These have good resale value too if you want to sell it later on...

There are also some very good air gun forums if you want to do a little reading up on them... Just like I tell everyone that I talk to about the PCP air guns, they are WAY more addicting than black guns!! Good luck with keeping up!! It's a great fun addiction!!

Comment

i've got a brand new pcp $1000 retail but its only .177 cal. i'd let it go for $550

Comment

I've got the .25 Marauder with a buddy tank and love it. Very accurate and the bomb on squirrels to 50 yards.

Comment

In for the jnfo

Comment

I have the Umarex Guantlet in 25 caliber and with the Predator pellets it will put them in the same hole at 50 yards. I suggest just buying a compressor you can get a decent one for the cost of a tank, then you will never run out of air.

Comment

I have the 457 texan. Kill three mature bucks with it last year

Comment

The Gauntlet 2 is a very good one. Very accurate. They greatly improved it over the first one.
                The Maurader is also a good choice.
                My choice is more money, Airforce Condor SS in .22 or .25 caliber.

I would consider .22 caliber in the Gauntlet or a Airforce gun. You can get .22 caliber pellets at most Walmarts, Academy’s or Bass Pro. Most places don’t carry .25 caliber pellets or slugs, you would have to order online.

Just my $.02

Comment

Only things I didn’t like about the Air Force guns is they are single shot and they are unregulated, so they take a bit of trial and error to learn where their accuracy range is. Wit a regulated gun, as long as your reservoir pressure is higher than your regulator pressure, the power charge is the same. That generally means better accuracy. I had 2 CondorSS guns (22 and 25 cals.) and once I figured out their power vs accuracy band, they were both very accurate. Just too slow to shoot for my liking. ��

Comment

How do these air guns compare to a suppressed .22 with subsonic rounds?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

My friend has a depredation contract in AZ and head shoots Eurasian doves at distances over 100yards. https://youtube.com/c/jimsfunbirdhunting

He also guides iguana air gun hunts in Puerto Rico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My friend bought the FX Maverick Sniper .25 caliber and all the bells and whistles plus the air compressor for filling to 4500 psi. Way more than I want to spend but the gun appears to be solid and came with a nice case and 4 tins of JSB Diablo King pellets. I'm looking more in the line of the Umarex Gauntlet and from youtube vids I have watched these will shoot sub moa at 100 with the 25gr .25 cal pellets at near 900 fps. Definitely want a repeater and not single shot. Big question for me is reliability of those plastic magazines. I also need to be regulated so I can turn down the power for backyard pest control and no noise.
                        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 10-28-2021, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Only things I didn’t like about the Air Force guns is they are single shot and they are unregulated, so they take a bit of trial and error to learn where their accuracy range is. Wit a regulated gun, as long as your reservoir pressure is higher than your regulator pressure, the power charge is the same. That generally means better accuracy. I had 2 CondorSS guns (22 and 25 cals.) and once I figured out their power vs accuracy band, they were both very accurate. Just too slow to shoot for my liking. ��
                          I understand that. I was taking 2-3 pigs from a group a lot of times. Just have to get the reloading down and know the gun.
                          My next pcp will be a side lever gun, just not sure if .22 or .25 caliber yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                            My friend has a depredation contract in AZ and head shoots Eurasian doves at distances over 100yards. https://youtube.com/c/jimsfunbirdhunting

He also guides iguana air gun hunts in Puerto Rico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Him and I need to talk. Been wanting to do a iguana hunt. Friend just got back from Florida doing a hunt with “ Lethal Air “. He said it was a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              My friend bought the FX Maverick Sniper .25 caliber and all the bells and whistles plus the air compressor for filling to 4500 psi. Way more than I want to spend but the gun appears to be solid and came with a nice case and 4 tins of JSB Diablo King pellets. I'm looking more in the line of the Umarex Gauntlet and from youtube vids I have watched these will shoot sub moa at 100 with the 25gr .25 cal pellets at near 900 fps. Definitely want a repeater and not single shot. Big question for me is reliability of those plastic magazines. I also need to be regulated so I can turn down the power for backyard pest control and no noise.
                              I would also consider the Avenger .25 Cal. in wood stock. It appears to be quite an impressive gun for a entry level PCP. It is also regulated.

Comment

Working...
                              X