No announcement yet.

Cover For Cattle Panel Blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old wooden fence panels that people stack in their alley for trash pickup when they get a new fence. Wire them to your cattle panels, then take a sawzall and cut vertical bow windows on all 4 sides. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
      I used to lay the panel flat and use the thickest black poly plastic. The roll I used came from McCoys but you can get it elsewhere. With it folded it was exactly 5 ft tall and plenty long to cover the whole panel, and gave you 2 layers thick. I attached it with the thick heavy zip ties. It allowed it to stretch super tight when then rolling the panel into a circle to form your blind. I then used some of the astro turf carpet from home depot to wrap over the top of the plastic for the final outer layer. That plastic is now 10 years old and still in tact.

For the door I left about a 3.5 foot opening where the 2 ends wrapped around forming the round blind and connected them at the top and bottom with a heavy wire. I then framed the door out in 2x4's and used an old piece of plywood for the door and attached the framed out 2x4's with wire to the opening left by spacing the 2 ends apart at 3 1/2 feet. If you want a lighter door and can find a sheet of coroplast that is eay to use to skin your door out with. By leaving the 3x5 ft opening for the door it allows the interior of your blind to by larger. Of course you can leave a larger door opening and allows the blind to be even larger.
      Mine is a little big. I bent 1 panel into a half moon and cut another panel in half and put each half on each end. And one end opens up. I think I should have just rolled 1 panel into a circle and put a top on it.

Comment

Better quality tarp

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use this. Supposed to last like 10 years in the sun and it’s cheap. If I get 5 years out of it I figure I’m doing good.

Sunnyglade 6 feet x 50 feet Privacy Screen Fence Heavy Duty Fencing Mesh Shade Net Cover for Wall Garden Yard Backyard (6 ft X 50 ft, Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFP4PPQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
            Not to hijack this thread but what kind of entry way do people use for these kinds of blinds? I’ve seen videos of how to build them but never seen how they do the door.

Carpet on my coroplast blinds. Turf on future ones.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
              I use this. Supposed to last like 10 years in the sun and it’s cheap. If I get 5 years out of it I figure I’m doing good.

Sunnyglade 6 feet x 50 feet Privacy Screen Fence Heavy Duty Fencing Mesh Shade Net Cover for Wall Garden Yard Backyard (6 ft X 50 ft, Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFP4PPQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

You wrap the outside of your blind with this? Anything else?

Comment

Seems like a disposable painters drop cloth form Home Depot would work good. Attach it to the blind and paint it with outdoor paint?

Comment

Old bill board sign. Or old banners, we use several from church. Most of them are 1 and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                    Old wooden fence panels that people stack in their alley for trash pickup when they get a new fence. Wire them to your cattle panels, then take a sawzall and cut vertical bow windows on all 4 sides. Works great.
                    Awesome suggestion! I have always seen old fence panels being thrown away and wondered how I could make a blind out of them. Thanks!!

Comment

Filter fabric is the best I’ve found, then brush in

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                        Do you just poke holes and use the plastic zip ties or wire?
                        Yep, I then cris cross rope over the roof, semi tight, and then stuff cedar under the rope until the entire roof is cover.. I do the same around the entire side of the blind. When I am done it looks like a bush. A human would not even notice it.. Deer will walk with feet of them within hours of being built.

Comment

I have 2 satellites that were on these type of blinds. Free to a good home. Located in SW ok.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                            You wrap the outside of your blind with this? Anything else?
                            Yes, I stretch it tight as possible and use zip ties or bailing wire to wire it to the panels. then cut a vertical shooting hole or 2 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                              Yes, I stretch it tight as possible and use zip ties or bailing wire to wire it to the panels. then cut a vertical shooting hole or 2 in it.
                              Does it shed water?

Comment

The satellite dish is a great way to go. Since mine was a mesh material, I added carpet. We built it in South Texas in 2006. I bet the carpet is still keeping the rain out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X