Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got your back, brother.

You and Mindy are in my prayers.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers Up for Everyone ...
        Even though I don't know him .. Prayers are part of my life

Comment

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to read this news and I will pray for him. Thank you for letting us know.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            This is just horrible.. Prayers sent for a full recovery and a long healthy life!!!!!! GOD please touch this man with you're healing hands.....

I read this on his FB page and reading it really hit home for me, very HARD.... It is just too profound and too special not to share.. There is a whole lot of WISDOM in this mans words folks.. read them..

"Family and friends, I am asking for your prayers. I have been having a variety of health issues over the past four months, including neuropathy, brain fog, vertigo, and a perforated bowel. Under the direction of a neurologist, the results of a brain MRI revealed yesterday that I have a cystic lesion within the pons (a part of the stem) of my brain. The neurologist was careful to emphasize that we don’t know the type of lesion or how long it’s been there. We do know that the onset of symptoms was in May 2021 and those symptoms have since progressed significantly. My neurologist has put in a referral request to UT Southwestern, but cautioned me that it’s very difficult to get in. The neurologist does not know what treatment options there may be, but he feels that UT Southwestern is my next best step.
            To my family and closest friends who are finding out about this in this rather impersonal way, I do sincerely apologize. I love you all and wish I could talk to each of you individually. But the nature of this condition leaves me without energy and/or clear thought for much of the time. I am holding out hope and praying for a full recovery. But in case God chooses not to grant that, I also feel the need to take advantage of whatever time and mental clarity the Lord graciously provides me. And so, I felt this was the most efficient way to reach out.
            Mindy and I are both overwhelmed physically and emotionally. We may reply to some comments on this post and not to others. Please don’t take it personally. We do appreciate all of you. We just can’t commit to replying on all the comments under these circumstances. Please try to understand.
            There are so many things I want to say, but I know I should keep this short. I am a child of God. I have not often been outspoken about my faith. But I hope I have been a witness for Jesus by how I have lived and especially by how I have loved. I love my family and they love me. Even the name David means “beloved,” and I have certainly known bountiful love all my life. I know a lot of you have witnessed the love story that Mindy and I began fourteen years ago. There are no words that can properly express my gratitude to God for bringing our lives together. I could go on and on about Mindy, my son, my daughter, my mom, my grandchildren, and a whole lot of other people who mean the world to me. But that would take an autobiography, so I will just leave you with this…
            I turned 60 on May 3, 2021. At that time, I was “right as rain” as far as I knew. I never smoked. I drank only moderately. I ate healthy, exercised, and enjoyed an active lifestyle. I even knocked out 65 consecutive pushups just last week. I was looking forward to retirement, travel and more time with Mindy and the family, especially our grandchildren. And then in less than 20 weeks, here I am making this post. Now, make no mistake I am still hoping to be around for all the above and more. But friends, the reality is we are not promised tomorrow. It can all change so quickly. If there are people we need to love, if there are relationships we need to reconcile, if there is forgiveness we need to give, we should not wait. And please… if your eternal future is not secured by the saving grace of Jesus, make the choice now."

A must read...that’s for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great man and I hate this is happening. Continued thoughts and prayers

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers for David and Mindy and the whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Had no idea, prayin

Me either. He is a good person. Will be praying for him .

Comment

Saddened to hear this. Prayers for him and his family.

Comment

Have been and will continue to pray for them....

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

I had no idea…prayers sent!

Comment

I had no idea as this is the only social media I have! Praying God's miracle healing for him, he is one of the good one's!

Comment

Prayers Up!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X