Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    So that TSC has the 600 lb silver EZ feeder or do they have the 400lb green one?
    they had the silver ones outside. i didn't even know they made a green one until i saw it in this thread.

Comment

Mines been great so far. Think I'll spray paint it in time. I cut out a small piece of sheet metal to fit that little exposed hole area by the motor and used liquid weld to put it on and let it set. No issues so far and coons can't reach up in there any more.

Comment

Originally posted by TazerFace View Post
        If that's the case you must have hard time changing out a battery in a car, I bet you let AutoZone do it .. Those motors are easy to change out, it takes about 10 mins.
        Not when the feeder is full of corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
          Not when the feeder is full of corn.

Some keyboard warriors just feel the need to puff up their chest to show their manliness...

Comment

got one today, did a simple modification to cover the motor with an AC duct reducer and a round damper

Comment

Originally posted by Chitchyaoutdoor View Post
              got one today, did a simple modification to cover the motor with an AC duct reducer and a round damper

I would recommend drilling drain holes in it. I did the same on my two and one filled up with water and the motor crapped out. Still no idea how it got in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                I would recommend drilling drain holes in it. I did the same on my two and one filled up with water and the motor crapped out. Still no idea how it got in there.
                10-4 i will add some speed holes in the bottom

Comment

I'm checking back in to see what everyone is experiencing with the coons. These did ok for a while but the trash pandas have evolved and they're killing us. I'm going to try the mod like Smart did but want to see if folks are still having success with such approaches.

Comment

Asf ez-feeder

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    I'm checking back in to see what everyone is experiencing with the coons. These did ok for a while but the trash pandas have evolved and they're killing us. I'm going to try the mod like Smart did but want to see if folks are still having success with such approaches.

Definitely. The plates with just minor ~2 inch extensions will cure the coon ills.
                    Don’t forget the plastic PVC spacers as well to make sure a full feeder doesn’t squish down on the spinner plate. ( this might just be an earlier model issue/mod)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by DaveC; 10-19-2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Casey, since I extended my plates out even with the edge of the feeder bin, I have had no more coon issues... They still come around and get the corn left on the plate after the spinner stops at the end of the feed spin, but that's all they get. Pretty amazing what that extra 2- 2 1/2" did for reducing coon loss on the corn... Did mine about 1/2 way through season 2019 and still doing good.

Comment

Painted mine last week to Matte green. Makes such a big difference for night time pics not having the shiny silver feeder consuming all the camera flash. For coons, i welded a little piece of 3x3 inch metal on the bottom to keep coons from reaching in to the wires Worked well so far
                        Last edited by Fmjag64; 10-19-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I'm looking at some spare expanded metal(flattened) as a solution. Seems that should work just as well and I have quite a few scraps to cut and screw on.

Comment

Les got the expanded metal attached today on one of our coon feeders. You can tell by the mud on the feeder that the concentrate on the middle where distance to spinner is shorter. This should help greatly until the *******s evolve more.Click image for larger version

Name:	86761.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	24669634Click image for larger version

Name:	86760.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	24669635

Comment

I got all the parts it looks like to convert mine over to an eliminator plate. Basically going to drop the bottom down, use longer bolts and then install the eliminator on at proper height. I think I will also have to put a small funnel down to the eliminator plate. Waiting on the corn to empty so I can work on it turned over for ease.

Comment

I don't know if my coons have evolved more (and grew longer arms) or what, but I extended the bottom plate out even with the bottom of the corn bin and that seemed to stop them. Worked all last season and in the off-season. But now it seems they are spending a lot of time at my feeders. I have my Reveal X cameras set for pic and video, and it sure looks like in some of the videos, those big suckers have figured out how to reach all the way to the impeller now even with the bottom plate extended!! Don't know what to try next.

Comment

Working...
                                X