No announcement yet.

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a nice picture of horses on BLM here in Montana land last weekend. I’m assuming they’re owned and not wild, but pretty never the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lord, I knew I wouldn’t be ready for this day. My last tether to south Texas crossed that rainbow bridge on Sunday. I remember picking him up at a coworker’s house on King Ranch, training him to blood trail deer and Nilgai for me and actually helping me in that dept pretty well.

It’s because of him I threatened a dog catcher within an inch of his life bc he was under “Observation” for rabies but they had him with the kill dogs at the Kingsville pound for biting a guy that was casing my house. I drove to the pound every day and fed him myself, and I think the catcher was more relived then we were when we went home.

He earned a rude Spainish nickname for being a butthead in his younger years but that was just his stubborn streak, although I called him worse when he’d crap like clock work in the bed of the hunting truck from the Norias main gate too the colony every morning[emoji23].

He definitely made an impression good or bad on a lot of folks he met. It was always humorous the way he’d hop out the truck when I’d stop to visit Erven, the owner of his sire Bigfoot at the main gate. He’d stroll right in and plop down on a mat by Erven like he was gonna spend the shift keeping him company and to pick him up later. A wingman he was not, I think he flirted with every pretty girl he met because he knew he’d get away with murder in their eyes.

We covered a lot of country on Santa Gerturdis, Norias and Laureles together and everywhere in between. I’m sure half the mutts running around Kingsville have some Catahoula in their lineage thanks to this guy’s moonlighting. Although the time he jumped out of the truck on Laureles and my friend that’s the security officer found him the next day reeking of sour milo must of been one for the books. Poor pooch hopped out of Beau’s truck and went straight to his favorite cool spot by the cooler said it all. [emoji23]

He was always there when I needed him, thru the highs and lows and always looked out for me, even though I was lying when I said it the night before he died and told him if he was hurting he didn’t have to hold on because of me. I went up to fill feeders and was gonna be back the next day and he decided like always to make up his and my mind for us.

I feel like Woodrow after losing Augustus, my best friend had to leave me, it don’t make it easier but I understand. And before anyone gets it in their head I’m not looking for a replacement right now. My job takes me on the road to much and it’s gonna be to tall an order to replace Lance.

Ve con Dios Hijo…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he had a good life.

Comment

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Well, it's time to toss another log on the fire! Hagen and I were blessed with the opportunity to share and enjoy fellowship with 6 fantastic family's over the weekend at the Freeman Ranch in San Marcos. If you have kids (9-17) and regardless if you have family land to hunt or a lease, these hunts are priceless additions to a child's growth as a hunter, outdoor enthusiast, and overall purveyor of the tradition we love to participate in. Sign them up with the Texas Youth Hunt Program, it's tough to put a value on these experiences.
          Last edited by Chad C; 10-25-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Nice work, H!

Comment

We did the Halloween deal at Great Escapes in Perrin, the kids had a blast and won the group contest.

Comment

Nice to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  We did the Halloween deal at Great Escapes in Perrin, the kids had a blast and won the group contest.

So awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                    So awesome!!
                    My son is "Billy Bob" #69. The girl with the microphone who was doing the announcing asked if anyone had anything they wanted to say, and "Billy Bob" got on the mic and goes..."Ms Davis, would you go to prom with me?".

Place came down, competition over. It was fun.

Comment

My son is "Billy Bob" #69. The girl with the microphone who was doing the announcing asked if anyone had anything they wanted to say, and "Billy Bob" got on the mic and goes..."Ms Davis, would you go to prom with me?".

Place came down, competition over. It was fun.

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!![emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

“Billy Bob” is on the board north of the Red!

Comment

Heck yeah! Good stuff Dale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great looking deer!!

Comment

Fantastic deer!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

And in a big way, congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X