No announcement yet.

How Many Hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're asking about whitetails and archery here in TX then a big ZERO.

If you're asking about hunting this year in general well it would be 35 days(daylight hours) so far and will probably be another 40 before the 21-22 season is finished.

Comment

I have 0 hours over the last 2 years.

My lovely and talented wife is almost recovered from her cancer surgery last December, my focus has been on her KCA.

She has another surgery scheduled in 3 weeks, so I won’t get to hunt this year.

If’n someone has too many does, I would love to put one in the freezer.

Comment

About 20 minutes for me, 10 point DRT

Less than 5 minutes for the wife.... 5 point cull down and out

Comment

I have about 30HRs on stand, had some great encounters. One that I regret not shooting since my 5yoa daughter was with me and and has been for over 20HRS of stand time.

Last year i shot a doe an hour into my first bow hunt and my buck 2hrs into the first rifle hunt. Thats great and all but I enjoy hunting, it has to be the right deer for me to shoot it early.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            the question is or should be, how many hours have you sat in you life?

I've read somewhere before that the avg. sit time per deer killed was about 100 hours, which I'm guessing rules out someone that sits by a feeder for example. I'm talking sits by a game trail, or a known route between feeding/bedding areas, a stand on a pipeline/powerline, stalking, still hunting, etc. etc. ...actually hunting. A lot of scenarios other than just tying a deer to a tether and shooting it.

Oh we got us an actual hunter over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im just under 100 at my feeder on my lowly 25 acres. Sure hope I can be considered an actual hunter if I harvest a deer lmao.

Comment

i've got about 36 - 40 hours in stand so far and haven't seen a deer yet this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  Im just under 100 at my feeder on my lowly 25 acres. Sure hope I can be considered an actual hunter if I harvest a deer lmao.

Just keep reading some of the great comments from the elites on TBH threads and one day you'll arrive

Originally posted by bugbee View Post
                  i've got about 36 - 40 hours in stand so far and haven't seen a deer yet this season.
                  Dang. Hopefully that changes soon for you.

Comment

Don’t know how many hours in the stand but I’m sure I’ve logged over 200 hrs on the green screen since bow season started. I see more deer on here and that’s why I hunt here so much. LOL. Oh and BTW, who in tarnation stole all of my tethers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post

25 acres?....your no hunter!
                      Lol
                      Gotta love the guys that got it all figured out and get their badge of honor by talking down to those that they think don't!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

48 hours in 6 days and haven't been back since October 29th.

Comment

Maybe 50 hours this season. One cull and one nice buck I self euro mounted. Still got one more buck in a different county I’m after, and wanna knock down a doe or two to give away some venison to friends.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

2 sits maybe 4 hrs and haven't seen a deer. I keep a small tablet in my stand and add to it every year. Hadn't had to write down anything this year.

Comment

0- been coaching youth football. We made it to the superbowl so that was 16 weeks, practice 3 days a week and games on Saturday. Now I'm gonna sleep all next week then go smash some crappie.

Comment

Working...
                                X