How Many Hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
    I’ve sat hundreds of hours over a feeder and not killed a deer…..didn’t know I wasn’t actually hunting.
    Same here, guess I've been doin it all wrong as well.

With that said, I've logged about 35 hours in , since the bow season opener.

Comment

Edit: I was sitting near a feeder so “0”.
      Last edited by Big pig; 11-18-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
        When we had access to land that was much closer, I probably logged in 100+ hours in the stand or spot/stalking. Now that my hunting place is 5+ hours away, I've relied more heavily on cellular cams to pattern deer. When I see a good buck falling into a pattern on camera, I'm more strategic on when I go hunt.

I know my body doesn't miss sitting in a blind all day, all the time. That gets rough.
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by huntozarks View Post
          About 195 hours logged, havnt shot anything yet, seen plenty, but not the buck I'm after

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
          That's me. Most of the hours were logged at our Houston County place and I've seen plenty of deer and had plenty of opportunities but not the one I'm after. On the other hand I go up to North TX this weekend and sit on the ground for a couple hours and knock down a big 10pt on the first hunt. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            the question is or should be, how many hours have you sat in you life?

I've read somewhere before that the avg. sit time per deer killed was about 100 hours, which I'm guessing rules out someone that sits by a feeder for example. I'm talking sits by a game trail, or a known route between feeding/bedding areas, a stand on a pipeline/powerline, stalking, still hunting, etc. etc. ...actually hunting. A lot of scenarios other than just tying a deer to a tether and shooting it.
            Next time you tether a deer please get video. We’ll ALL SIT down to watch that.

Comment

Probably 40-45 hours so far - nothing but young bucks in bow range. I'd like to take a doe but the horny young twerps keep chasing them off.

Comment

I've read somewhere before that the avg. sit time per deer killed was about 100 hours, which I'm guessing rules out someone that sits by a feeder for example. I'm talking sits by a game trail, or a known route between feeding/bedding areas, a stand on a pipeline/powerline, stalking, still hunting, etc. etc. ...actually hunting. A lot of scenarios other than just tying a deer to a tether and shooting it.

WOW, you must feel like a real man after putting us all in our place with this great post!

Comment

Why does there has always gotta be that one XYZ that thinks what he does is better than everybody else??...
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-18-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Why does there has always gotta be that one XYZ that thinks what he does is better than everybody else??...
                    Hell I really feel unworthy now. My last sit was Tuesday morning with a feeder on both sides of me with a 6.5 Creedmore. I’m completely lost.

Comment

Around 40 hours. Way less this season that normal due to a new baby girl, but well worth it!

No trophy to chase as of yet anyways, so I just assume spend some time with friends and family at various outdoor events and places this season.

Comment

This morning was my 46th sit. I started hunting on October 21th. I killed a buck on my 29th sit on November 8th and this morning I killed my second buck on my 46th sit. My journal is 15 pages so far.

I am going to do some scouting/video sits now that I am tagged out for our archery season. I am not sure if I arm going to get a firearms tag or not. I am pretty much worn out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I logged a whole hour and 37 minutes before I let an arrow fly …[emoji15]. Seven minutes into good shooting light. Season was over before I could blink. I’m done until next season…

Gonna take a few buddies’ kids to shoot my does and maybe a mgmt buck if we cross paths with one of the guests of honor

Comment

Probably around 100 hours. I've hunted every weekend and sometimes stay in the stand all day. Seen more deer this year than the psst 3 seasons combined.

Comment

1 morning and 3 evenings, least I've ever hunted by this point in the season. About to start back fishing I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                                This morning was my 46th sit. I started hunting on October 21th. I killed a buck on my 29th sit on November 8th and this morning I killed my second buck on my 46th sit. My journal is 15 pages so far.

I am going to do some scouting/video sits now that I am tagged out for our archery season. I am not sure if I arm going to get a firearms tag or not. I am pretty much worn out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                Man I love the journal idea. I've been saying I was going to start a hunting journal but haven't.

Comment

Working...
                                X