2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Could be your mast crop finally played out as well. That is what we are seeing.
    FTR, we have very few and far between mast trees left on our property. What was left, they basically have cut out strategically over the past 5 years or so. When I say ours have played out, that is probably the biggest factor, the lack of them.

I haven’t figured how how to get deer to eat pine straw, Chinese tallow berries, and sweet gum balls.

Comment

Just had a mature 9 show back up, haven't seen him in a while, my son is trying to decide on this one or the narrow split beam buck we have at a different spot, who is in this thread also. That deer has been gone for a bit as well.

Comment

Pics..

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          Just had a mature 9 show back up, haven't seen him in a while, my son is trying to decide on this one or the narrow split beam buck we have at a different spot, who is in this thread also. That deer has been gone for a bit as well.
          He looks like a mature one.

Very nice.

J

Comment

A little warmer than I like but sitting in the woods with the wind in my face, been a couple good ones on camera here multiple times gonna see what happens.

Comment

wind

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              A little warmer than I like but sitting in the woods with the wind in my face, been a couple good ones on camera here multiple times gonna see what happens.
              Get out of that Corner Stand!!

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                Get out of that Corner Stand!!
                Had to come over here to show dad why I kept telling him to hunt it.

Comment

I scouted the perimeter of a 14 acre sweet gum and green brier thicket last week. It seems to be holding some good deer. Lots of well worn trails and rubs coming out and crossing fire breaks into hardwood bottoms. I crawled in there and dumped 160 pounds of corn on the ground 30 yards inside the thicket and scraped the leaves back where I intend to sit. No room for a blind, but a leafy suit should get me by. I’ll be sitting about 5 yards inside of the tangled mess.with This north wind blowing in tomorrow it should be foolproof

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                    I scouted the perimeter of a 14 acre sweet gum and green brier thicket last week. It seems to be holding some good deer. Lots of well worn trails and rubs coming out and crossing fire breaks into hardwood bottoms. I crawled in there and dumped 160 pounds of corn on the ground 30 yards inside the thicket and scraped the leaves back where I intend to sit. No room for a blind, but a leafy suit should get me by. I’ll be sitting about 5 yards inside of the tangled mess.with This north wind blowing in tomorrow it should be foolproof
                    Man I love hunting like that. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      Had to come over here to show dad why I kept telling him to hunt it.
                      I have some good memories of that place. Good luck to the entire group. Spent a many a night out there with your Uncle. Good people.

Comment

Will be headed east towards Sabine County this Sunday for my annual Thanksgiving week hunt with my Dad, Uncle and brother. Brother and Dad will be hunting our private land while I will be mixing it up in the NF.
                        Normally we have success during this hunt and looking forward to the time spent with family in the timber.
                        Will do my best to give updates when service permits.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
                          I have some good memories of that place. Good luck to the entire group. Spent a many a night out there with your Uncle. Good people.
                          Yessir, next year will be 50th year.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            Pics..

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Man you should get three 278” bucks with that set up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

thats the plan! thats what you gotta do when things tend to "walk off" at a spot.

had a really good young one show up last night here, need his grandpa to stop by.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

He is hoping to get there by adding all 3 bucks at each feeder [emoji1787] no lie though I killed my biggest buck with his head buried in one of those black suckers

Comment

Working...
                                X