Spiders or Wasp???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiders or Wasp???

On the first lease I was on one of my jobs was to go to each deer blind and check to make sure it didn't have any wasp or spiders in them before season started. This was in East Texas and the stands were not as well built as they are today. Needless to say if the stand didn't have wasp in it then it had Black Widow spiders in it. Glad the standard for better stands has evolved!

Yes, me too!

Plus, I generally spray Tempo or Demon in March and July/August. That helps alot!

Comment

I'll bug bomb all my blinds on Labor Day Weekend that way they stay good for the season. I'm always leery the first time I open the door to one of them blinds when they've sat for several months. Widows & wasps are no bueno

Comment

I keep a No-Pest strip hanging in each blind year round... IF there's ANY kind of bug in the blind, it is always dead!

Comment

I put half of a No-Pest Strip in each blind, nailed or screwed up in the corner---keeps the wasps out and never worried about spiders.

Comment

I was reminded of how many black widows like to take up in one of my stands on opening day.

Good thing is I sprayed the crap out of it wasp spray 3 weeks prior and they were all dead.

Comment

I've been using the No Pest strips for a couple of yrs now. They really work!

Comment

We had a blind blow over once near Ballinger. It was only on a five foot tower so another guy and I set it back up and I got up in it to straighten things out. When my eyes got used to the dark in there I started seeing black widows. I had leather gloves on so I just started grabbing them and mashing them. Fourteen was the count when I was through. That’s more than I’ve ever seen in one place and surely more than I ever want to see again !

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  I keep a No-Pest strip hanging in each blind year round... IF there's ANY kind of bug in the blind, it is always dead!
                  This works on a good blind!

My lease now is covered in mice so I deal with those too

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    This works on a good blind!

My lease now is covered in mice so I deal with those too

BP

I use them in a popup ground blind on a platform too with the windows closed. Works to keep the wasps out and mud dinners from building nests under the chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How long are yall getting out of the no pest strips?

Comment

Working...
                      X