2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    1 more... My camera got bumped and I can only see him when his head is down...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I’m gonna say it’s close but I bet he’s legal. 13.75” is my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      I sure wanted to be on the stand this morning because I have some of my best hunts during and after a good rain. The storm came through at the wrong time though with a lot of electricity and I don’t do lightening in the woods at all.
      They are on their feet right now! If I could get away I would be on the stand from now until dark, should be good.

Comment

Two really good deer have been killed on our place in Newton Co. over the last 30 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          I will say deer sightings have dropped off precipitously since the windstorm dropped every acorn in Trinity County on the ground.
          THIS. My place the acorns fall heavy around Thanksgiving and the corn piles up. My corn started to pile up after those high winds in Oct and only now have the does come back and are eating at feeders. Juvie bucks stuck it out for the most part but starting to see one or two older bucks now. Hoping things were just delayed and that from this weekend through Thanksgiving it will heat up. Last year I had my pick of 5 mature deer and many more legal big racks. This year just one maturish buck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            Right... Same story here, this one showed up at my other spot this morning too...no history with him.

Another camera issue, fogged up after the rain.

No question on this one lol

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
            I'll just tell you right now I'd kill that big sucker in a heart beat.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
              Two really good deer have been killed on our place in Newton Co. over the last 30 hours
              Out with the pictures? I'm literally on Jasper Newton county line.

Comment

Let’s Go Brandon.

Comment

My son killed a stud 6 point this afternoon. 18 3/4" wide with 5 inch bases.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post

Very nice! Congrats to him!

Comment

Congrats to him ! That's a great buck. He's a chip off the ol block !

Comment

Congrats on that big 6

Our rut is winding way down if not completely over. I have noticed we do not have the doe population we normally do, but the buck population has skyrocketed. I don’t know why or how, but With just my own eyes and camera pics, our bucks outnumber does 3-1. I’m counting nubbins all the way to legit shooters. More bucks than we are used to seeing on our little patch of Trinity county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to him!! Bad to the bone 6!

Comment

Congratulations on the 6pk! Tall boys!

Snuck up a tree this evening. I run multiple cameras on this 40 acres 9 months out of the year… for years. And seen a new 9 this evening. No clue who he is. Not a shooter but got potential

Trued something new this evening. Every time I hunt this property the neighbor shoots pistol at record speed non stop and rides the fences…. And builds stone hedge… it’s obvious. Today I drove completely around town and drove in from the north and parked inside property and locked gate behind me…… I never heard a sound. Nada. Nothing…. Silence

…. Except neighbor to my east. He shot once. Sounded like an anti tank round… and also sounded like a swing and a miss

Comment

Awesome deer

Comment

Yooooooo!

I've never entered a deer contest but I would be tempted to with that 6!

Comment

Working...
                                X