2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    Something strange going on with the deer sign in the Pineywoods...
    Don't worry bud I'll give you a thumbs up...to much effort not get a comment

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      Bigger bucks in my little area of Trinity county vanished from camera last week and are showing back up now. My gut tells me they were locked down and are stopping in to grab a bite before looking for another girlfriend.

Shot this guy yesterday at last light. Been 5 days since I last had a pic of him. Huge body, big roman nose, and a decent rack. Clean 8pt. Not much mass, but he is a nice one. 28 yds, heart shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      thats a big old boy. Congrats sir.

Comment

Solid deer. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the great shot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            Bigger bucks in my little area of Trinity county vanished from camera last week and are showing back up now. My gut tells me they were locked down and are stopping in to grab a bite before looking for another girlfriend.

Shot this guy yesterday at last light. Been 5 days since I last had a pic of him. Huge body, big roman nose, and a decent rack. Clean 8pt. Not much mass, but he is a nice one. 28 yds, heart shot.

Congrats man, good buck

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EA056945-D1F9-4E63-9DF2-0E4D84A0301D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	24666800

Full camp tonight, let the fun begin!

Comment

You gotter rippin man. Good luck to y’all.

Comment

[QUOTE=bloodstick;15917389]Bigger bucks in my little area of Trinity county vanished from camera last week and are showing back up now. My gut tells me they were locked down and are stopping in to grab a bite before looking for another girlfriend.

Congratulations to you and your helper! That's a nice buck.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Didnt hunt much last year due to working on a new camp at the lake. Decided to stay home this weekend and see what happens. This afternoon sat out on the back porch and watched down the hill to scout for the rifle opener. Had 6 bucks 11 does that I could see. One of the bucks is a huge bodied 7 pt that chased every doe and none of the other bucks wanted anything to due with him when he would walk their way. He may go down in the morning if he shows again. Hadn't seen him since he was in velvet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                        Didnt hunt much last year due to working on a new camp at the lake. Decided to stay home this weekend and see what happens. This afternoon sat out on the back porch and watched down the hill to scout for the rifle opener. Had 6 bucks 11 does that I could see. One of the bucks is a huge bodied 7 pt that chased every doe and none of the other bucks wanted anything to due with him when he would walk their way. He may go down in the morning if he shows again. Hadn't seen him since he was in velvet this year.
                        Sounds like you might have a short hunt. Good luck sir.

Comment

Figured I would post the wifes doe kill yesterday evening here in the East Texas thread since it was deep East Texas here in San Augustine County. She was covered in doe again this morning. She is waiting on a buck now hopefully.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Was a fun morning sitting in the rifle stand. Bucks are putting on a show. The older bucks are sure to be locked down right now. It’s just gonna get better.
                            Attached Files

Comment

None of the shooters have been on camera in a week. BUT!!!!! luckily hogs have taken over every feed pen, so I can keep my $10 a bag corn rotated out… don’t want it to spoil. They only eat about 100 pounds a day, so it’s not too bad.. “I love the extra opportunity…..”

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                Was a fun morning sitting in the rifle stand. Bucks are putting on a show. The older bucks are sure to be locked down right now. It’s just gonna get better.

That last one is a stud!

Comment

Working...
                                X