Trail Timers? I did not know they still sold these things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail Timers? I did not know they still sold these things

Reading the ""Bowhunting Time Capsule" thread got me thinking about other gadgets we thought were pretty high tech at the time. When I started bowhunting in the early 90's I not only had one of those manual rangefinders but I was a big fan of Trail Timers. Remember those? Basically a simple digital clock with a string you would stretch across a trail or a fence crossing. The idea was a deer would hit the string and stop the clock so you could pattern it's movement through the area. I had those things all over the place at my lease but I can't honestly say they ever helped me kill a deer. I figured that they would be a thing of the past in this era of cheap trail cameras but I Googled it and they are still for sale!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TT100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	24933961

I had several of those!!! Times have changed for sure!

Comment

I had never heard of them until a couple days ago.

Comment

So crazy.. Guess that means they still work. Haha. I'll stick to trail cams

Comment

i have never heard of them, and the whole idea just sounds bogus to me.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
            i have never heard of them, and the whole idea just sounds bogus to me.
            Game cams that took 35mm film sound bogus as well but they were around

John, I guess I missed where you got your 1st trad kill, congrats on the pigbear

Comment

I have one of those also.

You could also use them on humans in the house...

"hey, who was in my room at 9:33 this morning after I left!"

Comment

Oh yes!!! I had several!!! They only cost about $10 back in the day. I still have 2 stuck away in my huntin drawer.
                Man, that was Hi Tech back in the day

Comment

nice!

I remember trying to decide whether to drop the cash on one of those new - finally ended up with one I bought at a pawn shop for half price.

what a cheapskate!

Comment

I remember those Jerp, as well as the 35mm trail cameras which were more trouble than they were worth.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                      Game cams that took 35mm film sound bogus as well but they were around...
                      Ha! I remember getting to the lease, running out and swapping out the rolls of film and then going to the nearest town that had a place with 1-hour film developing! Bird, nothing, nothing, coon, nothing, doe, bird......

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                        Ha! I remember getting to the lease, running out and swapping out the rolls of film and then going to the nearest town that had a place with 1-hour film developing! Bird, nothing, nothing, coon, nothing, doe, bird......
                        Ha! What a gigantic waste of money. I also would drive to the Walgreens or whatever all excited in anticipation of seeing what the camera captured. You wait an hour, flip through the pictures then end up throwing them all away....

Comment

Anyone else still remember these?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Anyone else still remember these?
                            After all the energy expended on them, how could one forget?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I never owned any but hunted with several bear guides who used them at bait stations

Comment

Working...
                              X