No announcement yet.

Anyone Rent Their Camper? RVShare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see myself renting my 5th wheel out. Although, I believe the renter would have to have some experience with 5ers it they were going to tow it…not to mention needing a hitch. Maybe it would be a long term rental deal where I’d deliver and set up?
    I’d do it after a couple of years when the “new” wore off of it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Being close to Lake Texana and POC I definitely would consider renting one and charging an additional set up fee at a camper site.

Seems that would take a lot of liability out of the rental if I haul and set up?

Comment

We have my wife’s mother living in a guest house, that is getting ready for a remodel, $80 a day is cheap and worth it for my sanity, bookmarking for family discussion

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing.
          Subscribing....

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
            I rent campers on RV share. Have used it many times. I rent from one guy about three times a year. He’s close to my lease and the camper is nice. Guy is a friend now. Even at $100/night I’m money ahead on repairs and storage
            Thats no lie, note, ins,storage,maintenance you are WAY up at $100 per night.

Comment

I rented one from rvshare for the end of September to go to Palo Duro. First time. It was dang sure a lot cheaper than Cruise America. We'll see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use https://www.americandreamvacations.net/ to rent a travel trailer when we head out to Brackettville. I live in east Texas and stop at the one in Boerne (San Antonio). They have 2 or 3 locations in Texas and rent anywhere from 19’ up to 40+

Comment

We used RV Share for a couple years to rent out our pop-up camper. It was a decent platform, and we got somewhat regular income from it - easily enough to pay for annual insurance and maintenance on the camper.

Pop-ups can be tricky to set up correctly and not damage anything, so I would insist on walking the renter through the process before they left with the camper. This required good communication through the rental transaction so they were aware they needed to plan for about 30-60 minutes before they left with the camper. Most folks were happy to participate in the "orientation" and it worked well for minimizing any issues during their trip.

Other than some very small damage, we had a good experience with folks keeping the camper clean and well-cared for. You can set your own damage deposit, and I set ours a bit high at $500, so that seemed to keep folks careful about it. The renter is required to purchase insurance through RV Share to complete the transaction, so it's pretty worry-free. We got a great deal on our camper when we bought it, enjoyed the heck out if it when we owned it, made a few thousand dollars renting it out, then sold it for about what we originally paid for it during COVID last year.

All-in-all I would recommend it! Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
                    We used RV Share for a couple years to rent out our pop-up camper. It was a decent platform, and we got somewhat regular income from it - easily enough to pay for annual insurance and maintenance on the camper.

Pop-ups can be tricky to set up correctly and not damage anything, so I would insist on walking the renter through the process before they left with the camper. This required good communication through the rental transaction so they were aware they needed to plan for about 30-60 minutes before they left with the camper. Most folks were happy to participate in the "orientation" and it worked well for minimizing any issues during their trip.

Other than some very small damage, we had a good experience with folks keeping the camper clean and well-cared for. You can set your own damage deposit, and I set ours a bit high at $500, so that seemed to keep folks careful about it. The renter is required to purchase insurance through RV Share to complete the transaction, so it's pretty worry-free. We got a great deal on our camper when we bought it, enjoyed the heck out if it when we owned it, made a few thousand dollars renting it out, then sold it for about what we originally paid for it during COVID last year.

Solid info

Comment

Question

If they have to buy the insurance, what is the deposit for? Is that to hold you over while waiting on a claim?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                        If they have to buy the insurance, what is the deposit for? Is that to hold you over while waiting on a claim?

That’s correct

We have ours on Outdoorsy and we have rented it a handful of times with great luck so far in the Victoria/Crossroads area.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                          The way I understood it, and explained to my renters - the damage deposit was for things that may happen while it is parked, while the required insurance is for any damage while it's in motion. The extra piece of mind was helpful.

Comment

The way I understood it, and explained to my renters - the damage deposit was for things that may happen while it is parked, while the required insurance is for any damage while it's in motion. The extra piece of mind was helpful.
                            So the insurance doesn't cover damage occurring while parked?

What about roadside assistance? Is that something the owner provides or something covered by the insurance?

Comment

Comment

I looked at renting something, but the fees add up quick. It's like airbnb with all their fees. Now, if I was wanting to rent one out, pretty much a no brainer for me

Comment

Working...
                                X