Crossbow recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
    hunting? Hell i don’t hunt... I just follow him around with a knife and a camera.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    ........😉.......

Comment

There are several good ones out now.
      I have a Mission 400 MXB. You don’t need a press to change strings or cables and you can decock without shooting it.
      I was checking out what Ravin was bringing to the table this year.
      They have one that will be coming out later in the year that is shooting an arrow at 500 f.p.s. for the small price of 3k...

Comment

Thanks for all the input, y'all. I ended up getting a lightly used Sniper 370 from a fellow TBHer. The Ravin sure is nice, but the price tag!!!! Wow! Really though, if my wife progresses and actually sticks with it I'll upgrade eventually.

Comment

I looked at Centerpoint 400, and Ten Point Titan while killing time at Cabelas.

The only thing that jumped out at me was I hated the scope on the CP400.

I’ll drop in to Cinnamon Creek and see what they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For $85 you can get a speed adjusting Ravin take off from Wyvern. That was my original plan, but, I'm going all out with the Burris OracleX. I've got 2 Eliminator III's and love them so it's a no brainer for me. I'm building a high end HUNTING bow using the cp400 as a base with ZERO plans to collect bows.....fix up ONE and hunt. I've got a sweet shooting 370 as my backup.

Again, function over form (in this case, "name"). Cp's CS is as good as it gets as is Burris, that's another VERY important thing to me. IF something ever breaks I don't want to get the run around from CS.

I'll also add this, the stock cp400 scope drives tacks right out of the box with the stock arrows. It's a much more tolerable reticle with the illumination on.
            Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-22-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Yes the low end scopes suck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                Thanks for all the input, y'all. I ended up getting a lightly used Sniper 370 from a fellow TBHer. The Ravin sure is nice, but the price tag!!!! Wow! Really though, if my wife progresses and actually sticks with it I'll upgrade eventually.
                . Nice bow for the money.
                Quality arrows make a big difference.
                Holler at Jerry at Southshore and get you some spine indexed arrows.

Comment

Any new recommendations here? We’re getting one for a buddy’s 40th birthday and have no idea what to get. $600 range if possible.

Comment

I've got two Mission Crossbows the 400 and the Sub1, both shoot lights out. The mission will drill the same hole out to 65 yards. I've shot 1" groups with the sub1 at 100 yards.

Comment

Crossbow recommendations

Any new recommendations? Haven’t seen a whole lot on Wicked Ridge except for a few posts, anyone like them? I need to purchase one this week and will probably do it at Scheels.
                      Last edited by Agdog; 04-03-2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I bought a Sniper 370 based on recommendations here. It's solid. But the trigger is worse than a cheap BB gun.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I bought a Sniper 370 based on recommendations here. It's solid. But the trigger is worse than a cheap BB gun.

I agree with this 100%

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                            Look at crossbownation forum. there is a whole section on the sniper 370. There is a guy in Dallas that does the trigger upgrade. You can send him your trigger assembly and he will do all the work on the trigger or you can buy the kit and install it yourself. I sent mine to him.

Just picked up a Sniper 370. Interested in that trigger job. You have a link to the trigger upgrade ? And I’m gonna check the guy in Dallas out also. You still have his contact info? Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I the only one who like the Parker Tornado or Cyclone?

Both are great crossbows. Cyclone has the adjustable stock like an AR.

Comment

checkout Camx too, probably the most durable compound crossbow on the market, and probably one of the best offhand shooting crossbows too, ive had Excal/Ten point/Barnett/Wicked ridge, they all make great products, but ive fallen in love with the Camx, not the sexiest but its a brut and very durable and much cheaper than those listed outside of the CP sniper

Comment

Working...
                                X