Takedown Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takedown Recurve

Going to start looking this week for a TD and thought, ILF limbs?

From my Make Believe World

Bob Lee and bear, take your pick, both great bows. I tried to like ILF, just not as aesthetically pleasing to me, even the wood ones

Comment

ILF for ultimate tunability. Big fan of Bob lee for wood.

Comment

What’s your budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
          What’s your budget

Depends on how much I need lol. Honestly never been much on setting a budget.

Comment

I use to own a Hoyt Buffalo and had thought about the Hoyt Satori.

Comment

Just know that the Satori doesn't have the same balance as the Buffalo. You may need to add a little weight to the bottom of the riser if it bothers you. Personally, I just bought my eighth Buffalo. I sold all the others and regret it. Something about the grip and balance just works for me.

Comment

Personally, I like all bows... I do believe that starting with ILF is a very good idea. The ILF bows are pretty much unlimited in setting up, limbs (length and weight), grips (low, medium, high), rest (shelf or NAP), stabilizers, etc. The risers hold there value better than any other bow and you can buy the 2.0 limbs used for $100, new for $150.

I have tried several ILF risers, my favorite is the 21" Hoyt Excel which is no longer made since they started making the Satori.

What are you going to with the bow, hunt, targets or both? If you are just going to shoot targets you may want to consider the Olympic rigs (25" risers). They are also ILF just longer and smoother, just easy to shoot well. If you are going to hunt go with a 17" or 19" riser.

Limb length is very important when shooting ILF. The limb length should be determined by your draw length. Ideally you want to use the shortest limbs that your draw length will allow to get all the performance from the limbs. In my limited experience the 2.0 limbs perform as well as many that cost 3x more. Note, the 2.0 limb style draw weight is based on a 17" riser (I'm not certain on the Satori riders).

Comment

Look at SweptWing archery.com
                  Great wood bow

Comment

Without more information there isn’t much to tell you other than they all shoot within 10fps of each other and all feel different doing it. You can spend 1500 or 150 and they will all shoot as good as the person pulling the string.

Comment

I keep tellin ya to get an old Bear Minuteman or 76'er off of ebay but noooooooo! When I'm stabbin javi's in February and you're sitting on the Ranger fondling your new bow I might let you borrow mine AFTER I'm limited out.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
                        I keep tellin ya to get an old Bear Minuteman or 76'er off of ebay but noooooooo! When I'm stabbin javi's in February and you're sitting on the Ranger fondling your new bow I might let you borrow mine AFTER I'm limited out.

Whatever lol

Comment

I just posted a Bob Lee in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                            I just posted a Bob Lee in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PM sent

Comment

Takedown Recurve

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post

You forget, I’ve hunted with you since the 90’s and I’ve seen you shoot[emoji12]

Oh, for you young people, that’s the early 1990’s lol

Comment

Working...
                              X