RTIC soft sided cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
    I agree they work well. But leaving it in a car out of the weather shouldn’t cause the edging to come off. They are supposed to be made for the outdoors. Just my option but I’d look into a Yeti for a soft cooler. And I’m a big RTIC fan.
    The outdoors normally doesnt get nearly as hot as the inside of a car in the sun in Houston, especially not left in there for a month.

Either way it's nothing a little super glue cant fix. The same thing would likely have happened with any of them. The RTIC just costs a lot less...
    Last edited by Jspradley; 08-21-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I’ve had mine since April. The lid started falling apart about a month ago. Then again I’m already on my 2nd Yeti Hopper, and it needs to be replaced as well. The zipper is at fault on it.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        My opinion is there junk as is there customer service! Mine was a Christmas gift and the whole lid came unglued and came apart in less than a year. I contacted rtic and they would not warranty it because I didnt have a reciept.
        Same exact thing happened to mine. They ain’t worth a crap

Comment

RTIC soft sided cooler

Had one for 2 years and has held up well. Very convenient to grab vs a small hard side.

Wanted to add after reading all the comments about the lid. Mine lives in my truck cab / bed and has sat in the heat with no issues. Sounds like I’m lucky though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by TA_Fab; 08-21-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I have a couple Rtic soft sides and they hold up “ok”. I have one of the original Ozark Trail Walmart cheapies and it stays in my hunting truck - doesn’t hold ice quite as good but more durable.

I have a bunch of hard coolers and none are perfect and they don’t stand behind them. Pelican has probably been the best built. I have an original Bison/Brute and the plug has always leaked. They told me to use a boat plug to fix it. Terrible customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
              I have a couple Rtic soft sides and they hold up “ok”. I have one of the original Ozark Trail Walmart cheapies and it stays in my hunting truck - doesn’t hold ice quite as good but more durable.

I have a bunch of hard coolers and none are perfect and they don’t stand behind them. Pelican has probably been the best built. I have an original Bison/Brute and the plug has always leaked. They told me to use a boat plug to fix it. Terrible customer service.
              My yeti leaks too I put some Teflon tape it helped a bit

Comment

I've had the same seam problems that the pictures above show. Keep your proof of purchase and keep in mind their warranty only lasts a year. They gave me a new one with barely any separation, no questions asked. Replacement is having the same issues.

Comment

I have the RTIC 20. Even after leaving it in the deep freeze for a couple hours be for filling it, it was mostly all water by the end of one day. I expected better performance

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                    Anyone have one? They worth the $? I like the regular coolers. Someone told me the Ozark Trail is fairly decent. Mainly wanting something easy to tote for dove season.
                    I've got 2 of them. Like 'em alot.

Comment

The edging on the strap “pad” separated on its first NASCAR weekend getting carried into TMS. Mine is a RTIC 30 and rarely gets used. Just not a fan of the design and function after using it a few times.

I now have a Yeti Hopper 2 30 that I love. Not the same design but far more functional.

Comment

I’ve never had an issue with my RTIC 30, it’s been tough as nails. When we are at the ranch i loop the handle over the post on the back of my golf cart and set it on the floor board for easy access. My girls took the cart for a ride while my wife and I finished filling a feeder. As they came back i could see the cooler bouncing along behind the cart, they must have drug it for two miles, just a few scuffs.

Obviously, on the ones that have had the tape issue it’s a quality problem. Too bad they don’t stand behind their product. I do like this little cooler, but I think if I get another it would be a Yeti, their customer service and warranty has been great in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          My opinion is there junk as is there customer service! Mine was a Christmas gift and the whole lid came unglued and came apart in less than a year. I contacted rtic and they would not warranty it because I didnt have a reciept.
                          I've had this one for 3 or 4 years and it works great.

Comment

Working...
                          X