2021 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Trad Harvest Thread

Well, I went hunting at a buddies place near where I live for a few days to close out the year. It turned out pretty well.

Yesterday morning I shot 2 pigs. One was a pretty big sow that I thought I made a real good shot on. The blood trail was scant at best, and I never found her. Then I shot a boar. He didn’t make it 30yds!

Then, yesterday afternoon, I had a bunch of gobblers come in and I made a great shot on this one. This is the first turkey I’ve shot in probably 3yrs!

This was how I found him. He was facing straight away and feeding when I shot him.

His beard was right at 10”. Spurs about 1”.

Then, this morning, I got a nice doe to finish out the hunt.

There were also a few blunders too! Wednesday afternoon I shot a big doe and screwed the whole thing up. I don’t know what I did? Not sure if she ducked, or I just shot high, but I hit her waaaay high above the backbone. Of course, I never found her! I can only hope that she heals up and is ok in the long run. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959] I hate making bad shots on critters!!! Then this morning, I missed over does twice before connecting on the one I got. All of these were from the same blind. It is just almost too small for my longbow, and it changes the way I have to draw. Anyway, I was disappointed in that part of it, but in the end a good time was had!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 12-31-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Congrats Bisch! That’s a great way to call in the new year. I had similar instances this year as well. Way to get it done!

Comment

Good lookin turkey Bisch.. they are a tough bird with trad gear..

Comment

Nice way to end the year Bisch.
          Congrats on all the critters.
          When did you switch over to 4x3" fletching?

Comment

Congrats all!

Comment

2021 Trad Harvest Thread

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post
              Nice way to end the year Bisch.
              Congrats on all the critters.
              When did you switch over to 4x3" fletching?

I was using 4x2”, but just didn’t trust it for some reason??? I am now using 4x2.5”, and I love this setup.

Bisch

Comment

Bisch since you're the one who starts this thread each year it's only fitting you put a great ending on it.
                Congratulations sir!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a way to close out the year Bisch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll add one more...

The very long story short is I made a bad shot (that I do not understand how it killed him) on this buck, and later found him floating in a tank. Still really sick over the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                      I’ll add one more...

The very long story short is I made a bad shot (that I do not understand how it killed him) on this buck, and later found him floating in a tank. Still really sick over the whole thing.

Yep, that sux! Most everyone that’s been doing this very long has been in those shoes at one time or another. It really sux rotten eggs when things don’t go as we planned them to. At least you got some closure.

Better luck on the next one!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                        I’ll add one more...

Happens to most of us GP, use lessons learned the hard way like this to get ‘em next season. Good luck next season.

Comment

Congratulations Bisch, you AND Zeke had a great season. Good luck in 2022!

Comment

Congrats Bisch!
                            I got a 15 yard shot on this big doe on Public in Louisiana. That’s the exit, the entrance was just behind the shoulder. Was shooting my Palmer Longbow and Magnus Stingers
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X