No announcement yet.

Scary Places/Deer leases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ranch I worked on has a history of strange things occurring on it. Not too long ago I found some Indian campgrounds on the place. The owner had a relative or relatives who were known for being brutal people. And that’s putting it mildly. It’s very possible that’s why he is the way he is. Not a person who is easy to deal with at all. He enjoys trying to make other people look stupid and criticizes everything.

Tell me this: how do tractor cab doors lock when they were unlocked to begin with? They can’t be locked from the inside, yet they both locked after I exited the cab to shut two pasture gates. I never could figure that out. Two of the family members told of some peculiar things that happened to them. They won’t operate machinery because of it. There were other strange things that occurred that I have no answers for. It’s like the man and everything he owns is cursed. He regularly curses God. And yes I prayed all the time out there.
    Last edited by Worksalot; 10-29-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I knew I shouldn’t of opened this thread. Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings hunts will probably end early and start late..

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        I have not laughed so hard in a long time. If I had been there also, you would never hear the end of that deal.
        It's a true story, too. Still have the underwear to prove it.

Comment

While going to SFA, I met my parents at Lake Rayburn to fish and camp out. Sometime during the night, mom woke me up and whispered someone is looking in the tent at the door. Sure nuff, I looked up and it was either a midget or a really big racoon standing on his hind legs with his face and hand pressed against the zipper flap. I picked up a tennis shoe and threw it and smacked it in the face. It sounded like a bulldozier running amuck as it fled. I guess it was a racoon since no law was waiting to arrest me for assault.

Comment

2 story’s second really not a story just a weird coincidence.

1. My dad was lease manager in Leakey on the north pasture of Lewis ranch. We were sitting around the camp fire and directly in front of us there was the camp house and off to our right an old smoke house with three walls left and tin roof. For some reason dad and I both happened to stop listening and look towards the smoke house. With both saw a old cowboy walk from outside of the smoke house and right into the smoke then disappeared. I jumped up with my flashlight try to go investigate and found nothing but daddy long legs in there. Not really scared but almost a weird at piece feeling.

2. After Leakey we moved to East Texas for the distance and because we were racing motocross competitively so we were gone about every weekend. This place was in Chester Texas, it had an old historical land marked home with a graveyard on same property. All the head stones were initialed, the two big ones and four small one. The big headstones had JPB and LJB same as my parents. The little headstones had HB, CB, LB, RB. Same as me and all of my siblings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Driving home late from work one night, a little foggy, 2 lane paved road kind of off the beaten path. I look up in the distance and see a young man standing on the side of the road, I start to slow and pull over to see if he needed assistance, as I approach I realize he is gone, however there was a roadside memorial for someone who had crashed in that area. Gave me the heebie jeebies..

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                It's a true story, too. Still have the underwear to prove it.
                Not saying it was not true. I am saying, had you, my buddies and I been friends and hunting that place together, back then. We would never have let you hear the end of that story. When we were younger, we were always messing with each other, someone trying to scare someone else. When we were out hunting, you can bet, someone was going to get a prank played on them.

Two of my buddies are brothers, the older brother got the crap scared out of him early one morning by a large great horned owl. He was in a box blind, on a tower. Before the sun came up, he saw something, he thought running towards the blind. He stuck his head out the window and a great horned owl flew up in his face. The owl had been flying along, just above the ground and then flew up the the blind to roost for the day and Todd was in the blind. His younger brother and I could both hear Todd scream, we had to have been over quarter mile from him on different sides. Brian started off, after we all were in the truck together, asking if any of us heard what sounded like a scream, I right off said yes, I heard something. Then Todd told us the story, of what happened. That was over 30 years ago, we still get a laugh out of that one.

Your story beats Todd's story by a ways. One animal, that I know of that can make some scary sounding noises at night, is a great blue heron. We have been out floundering at night, wading, not in a boat, a long ways from any town and had great blue herons start making some eerie sounds. That will get your attention. We eventually figured out it was a dang heron. Being over there in east Texas, the list of things that could have made some eerie sounding noises is fairly long. Birds, cats, coons, foxes, coyotes, frogs, I know there are some frogs that can make some strange noises. I could see people getting scared out in woods in east Texas.

Definitely a good story, would be interesting to know what you heard.
                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 10-30-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

We had a guy pass away on our deer lease outside of Del Rio years ago. We had to drive through the canyon where he passed to get to camp.

The season after he passed. That area always had weird stuff going on. Gates would open and close, bump gates would just swing open like someone was walking through, fog would roll in and out,.

The one that made me freak out was your headlights would turn off when you get out to open gates. It was always just quiet in that canyon. Sound seemed to just stop. I hated that area.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    Not saying it was not true. I am saying, had you and my buddies and I been friends and hunting that place together. We would never have let you hear the end of that story. When we were younger, we were always messing with each other, someone trying to scare someone else. When we were out hunting, you can bet, someone was going to get a prank played on them.

Two of my buddies are brothers, the older brother got the crap scared out of him early one morning by a large great horned owl. He was in a box blind, on a tower. Before the sun came up, he saw something, he thought running towards the blind. He stuck his head out the window and a great horned owl flew up in his face. The owl had been flying along, just above the ground and then flew up the the blind to roost for the day and Todd was in the blind. His younger brother and I could both hear Todd scream, we had to have been over quarter mile from him on different sides. Brian started off, after we all were in the truck together, asking if any of us heard what sounded like a scream, I right off said yes, I heard something. Then Todd told us the story, of what happened. That was over 30 years ago, we still get a laugh out of that one.

Your story beats Todd's story by a ways. One animal, that I know of that can make some scary sounding noises at night, is a great blue heron. We have been out floundering at night, wading, not in a boat, a long ways from any town and had great blue herons start making some eerie sounds. That will get your attention. We eventually figured out it was a dang heron. Being over there in east Texas, the list of things that could have made some eerie sounding noises is fairly long. Birds, cats, coons, foxes, coyotes, frogs, I know there are some frogs that can make some strange noises. I could see people getting scared out in woods in east Texas.

Definitely a good story, would be interesting to know what you heard.
                    Oh, I know you weren't saying it wasn't true! And I'm with ya on not letting a buddy live it down. It it had happened to one of my friends I would periodically sit in the bushes outside their house with a foxpro ...just for old times sake

Comment

Working...
                    X