No announcement yet.

Deer Lease Tiny Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering the status of this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man this thing is legit!

Comment

This is even better then I figured a lot of you guys would do down there. With this it could be moved easier then “ my idea”. My idea and don’t know way I haven't seen one, is a tractor trailer, trailer. They are big, and would make a great hunting cabin. And I would figure some one with a tractor ( semi) could move at a somewhat decent price. But obviously I am wrong, or it would be a common “ thing”. Cost of trailer maybe ? This one is cool, hope to get to see the end product.

Comment

Originally posted by TWT95 View Post
          Sitting as is right now it weighs 5600lbs. Going to foam it, and then use 1/4” plywood on the walls inside. Add the toilet, water heater, framing the bunk beds and a couch probably add another 1,000lbs by the time I’m done. Put double 3,500lb axles on and went from a 4 leaf spring to a 5 leaf spring suspension. Should be fine. Just needs to get to the lease and then sit on the stabilizer Jack’s. Not going to see many miles.
          If it's gonna sit in the same place for awhile, you should think about blocking under the frame with cinder blocks & taking the tires off. It would make it rock solid.

Even with the jacks, it's still gonna rock some sitting on tires.

Comment

Originally posted by TWT95 View Post
            Sitting as is right now it weighs 5600lbs. Going to foam it, and then use 1/4” plywood on the walls inside. Add the toilet, water heater, framing the bunk beds and a couch probably add another 1,000lbs by the time I’m done. Put double 3,500lb axles on and went from a 4 leaf spring to a 5 leaf spring suspension. Should be fine. Just needs to get to the lease and then sit on the stabilizer Jack’s. Not going to see many miles.

Are you concerned about the 1/4” plywood warping under travel or even humidity? Unless it’s full time climate controlled I think you will see significant warping with the 1/4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              If it's gonna sit in the same place for awhile, you should think about blocking under the frame with cinder blocks & taking the tires off. It would make it rock solid.

Even with the jacks, it's still gonna rock some sitting on tires.
              I plan to get the tires off the ground. Just so they aren’t sitting there rotting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Are you concerned about the 1/4” plywood warping under travel or even humidity? Unless it’s full time climate controlled I think you will see significant warping with the 1/4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                I have had the entire thing, underneath, walls, and under roof insulated with closed cell spray foam. That does a few things, insulates really well, gives the framing more structural stability, and doesn’t let moisture in. Hopefully this will keep the 1/4” from warping.

Comment

Status update. Insulation done over the weekend. Walls covered as of today. I ended up using 3/8” T1-11 for the walls. It was less expensive than regular 1/4” plywood. Give the look some character vs just the plywood. Gonna put a coat of clear sealer on this afternoon and then trim out the doors and windows over the weekend. Hoping to get the interior finished by the emd of next weekend so I can get it to the lease. My sons football schedule (I’m the head coach) has kept me from getting in the stand so the timing is working out as planned.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work.

Comment

A very interesting build!

Comment

Coming along nicely.

Comment

that's a good idea

Comment

Looking good. Not sure how I missed this. I am here now.

Comment

Mini split mounted out side and piped in, for A/C and heat would be nice.

Comment

I love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X