Question for Steel Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Steel Guys

What is the current retail price for 4"x4" 11ga. (1/8") steel tubing?

I am working on an entrance gate archway for our place. I was a little shocked...I guess I shouldn't be, .... but I was.... at the prices I am getting.

I need three 20' sticks. The best price I have found is $12.50 a foot. $750.00 for 3 sticks.

Call triple s steel in Houston and get a price quote. I know it won't do you any good up there but you will get an idea if those prices are competitive. They are always the cheapest in my area.

Comment

Thats about $2 a pound. Seems high but I dont know the market up there. Retail down here would be somewhere around 8-8.50 a ft.

Comment

$9.00 a foot here in Hopkins county for 11 ga. 4x4 square tube. So you ain’t far off. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

And let me say that I’m amazed at myself for saying at $3.50 a foot difference “ya ain’t far off…” Cuz in “normal” times I would’ve said that was CRAZY!! Good luck on your build brother, steel is crazy at the moment for sure!

Comment

It will stay high through first quarter of next year based on what I am seeing. If you need it I would buy it. If you can wait a year, you might save $300.

Comment

Waaay high

Comment

Called my vendor steel supply in Houston and it's 11.25 a foot. I don't buy a huge amount but get some discount. I Can call you in a will call if you wanted. Also they are much faster the triple S.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just checked with a friend (welder) in Stephenville. His supplier was 9.50 a foot but that is not helping me up here.[emoji3525]

The $12.50 a foot was from a machine shop that is buying from a steel supplier probably in Des Moines or Cedar Rapids.

There are not many places to buy steel up here unless you make about a 300 mile round trip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know where the closest steel mill is you you, but I bet it's a ways, so they have extra freight in it just to get it to your supplier. At least they likely have more in it than we do down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I don't know where the closest steel mill is you you, but I bet it's a ways, so they have extra freight in it just to get it to your supplier. At least they likely have more in it than we do down here.
                      Your right. Plenty of corn, soy beans, and pork, but no steel Mills that I know of.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately it's not a great time for projects. I'm holding off on a carport in Hope's we get some relief soon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X