Swaro Z8i or Nightforce NX8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swaro Z8i or Nightforce NX8?

To top an APR ranger in .308. Mainly a blind gun. Any thoughts on one over the other from experience? Much appreciated.

For a blind gun I can’t imagine anything being better than the Z8i.

Comment

You’re comparing two totally different optics. And a monster price difference. The z8 is the nicest glass I’ve ever owned. Illumination is perfect. Clarity and brightness is world class. Probably the best hunting optic available.

The NX8 is fair glass. Great turrets and excellent tracking.

NX8 has a tight eye box. Z8 is like looking through a big screen TV. Super fast target acquisition. The ONLY thing the NX8 is better at is tracking. The z8 is far far superior in every way. As it should be for twice the money.

If you want more of a tactical optic compare the kahles to the z8. I have a 624i that’s a heck of an optic. Standard SKMR reticle. Not quite z8 glass but very very good glass and way better than the NX8.

The reticle choices suck for the z8 for true LR work. For a straight point and shoot optic it can’t be beat.

Call Kauffman Optics if you decide on a Z8. They occasionally have very good prices on demos.

The Z8 is the only optic I’ve ever looked through that actually made me say wow. I finally broke down and bought one. I sold it due to it having a spot show up on the reticle. Swarovski fixed it quickly. But I squirreled off and decided I’d rather have a scope better suited for LR work and a thermal

You won’t be disappointed. Look into the Z6 as well.

Comment

Agreed with above, Z8i is by far the nicest scope I have ever looked through. My blind hunting deer rifle has a Z8i and I love it.

Comment

Thanks guys! Just the feedback I was looking for.

Comment

Z8i 2.3-18 on the way. Thank you for all the help gents.

Comment

**** this makes me want to get rid of my NX8 I just received last week!!

Comment

Working...
              X